Custom Panel Upgrade Instructioins Now Available

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2013

      I've now completed step-by-step installation instructions for the SP-2B black front panel. The instructions can be downloaded from the StationPro website (www.w8zr.net/stationpro) . Click on "Download Files" from the header and scroll to the bottom of the page. The instructions (6 pages) are the last item in the "Supplementary Documentation" section.

      Tnx and 73,

      Jim W8ZR

    • Michael Raskin
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2013
        Jim – I am looking forward to receiving the SP2B black front panel – thanks for the nice work.  Soon I will have an extra “old style” front panel.  What I would like to do is purchase an addition front panel PCB to use with the old front panel.  I have several SP2s that I am currently using, but have more mics for my vintage rigs than SPIIs.  For instance, Collins phone jack, EV-664 2-pin, Drake 4-pin, D-104.  It would be nice to have an extra front panel assembly (front panel with front panel PCB) with different mic connectors.  That way I could just switch out the entire front panel assembly to try different mics with some of the vintage rigs instead of dedicating another SP2.  The extra components for the PCB are less expensive than the cost of a panel.   Maybe some other SP2 owners would like an extra front panel PCB as well.  Anyhow, I would like to purchase a front panel PCB, if you have one.  If you don’t, maybe you would consider doing a small run of them if there was enough interest?

        73,
        Mike, W4UM

        Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2013 4:17 PM
        Subject: [stationpro] Custom Panel Upgrade Instructioins Now Available

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2013

          Hi Mike,

          Tnx for your comments. That's a good idea (though a bit costly) about makng front panel assemblies with different mic javks. Unfortunatelly I don't have any front panel PCBs to spare (i.e., that aren't part of SP2 kits), but in the next couple of months will probably be placing orders for some additional circuit boards. In small quanties, they are obviously rather pricey. For example, the best price I could find for five main PCBs was $30/each, and one has to ads shipping costs.. However, I'll soon take  a complee inventory of my remaining boards and components and then decide what to order. Can't do it now because my shack is completely torn up with installing a new furniture console to replace my three operating desks. It'll be quite a chore to wite up the new console which is quite large (built by a local furniture maker).

          Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2013 4:17 PM