SPII Blue LCD Displays Back in Stock

  • Paul Christensen
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2013
      I just received notification that the blue-colored 2x16 LCD displays are back in stock at Marlin P. Jones Co.:

      Has anyone on the list tried it in their SPII?

      Paul, W9AC
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2013

        I bought four of the M.P. Jones blue LCD modules, but am sorry to report the data sheet indicated the wrong dimensions and they won't fit in the StationPro. LCD displays of this sort all use the same pinout and connections, but can vary significantly in the size of the disply. Evidently, M.P. Jones Assoc. used a generic data sheet that had the wrong dimensions. Too bad, because I would have liked the blue backlighting. I'm also stuck with four displays I can't use!

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2013
          Jim,

          Thanks for the update.  I ordered a pair early this morning but just sent them a cancellation notice.