Re: [stationpro] Assistance Needed

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2013
      Very bad distortion on the audio. I have not had a chance to check
      continuity between the inputs and a connected POD board. I am
      presently in the process of building a new shack (12x16 barn type shed
      with a loft that will be finished as a ham shack). I will endeavor to
      test all the IO connections by the weekend.

      Thanks Jim. Hope you had a good time on your trip!

      Greg

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 31, 2013

        I received a couple of offers already to help my ailing friend finish his SP2 project, so all is good. Bunch of nice guys on this List!

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 31, 2013

          Sounds like a big project, Greg, but should be a great hamshack when you're done. Here, I've got three stations (one modern, two vintage) sitting on junky old desks, and I'm building a wraparound console to replace them. It's taking forever!

          Let me know when you run the diagnostic tests and we'll go from there. I'll be out of town until Aug. 8, so there's no rush.

          Very bad distortion on the audio. I have not had a chance to check
          continuity between the inputs and a connected POD board. I am
          presently in the process of building a new shack (12x16 barn type shed
          with a loft that will be finished as a ham shack). I will endeavor to
          test all the IO connections by the weekend.

          Thanks Jim. Hope you had a good time on your trip!

          Greg

          On 7/31/13, Jim Garland <4cx250b@...> wrote:
          > Hi Greg,
          >
          > We need to fix whatever is wrong with your SP1! I've been out of the
          > country for 16 days, thinking about other things, so could you remind me
          > about the symptoms. Let's give it one more shot, and then you can just ship
          > me your controller and I'll fix it for you. Normally, SP1s are pretty easy
          > to fix.
          >
          > 73,
          >
          > Jim W8ZR

        • Greg
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 31, 2013
            thanks Jim.  If I cannot find the problem by then I will let you know.