Assistance Needed

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31 12:31 PM

      Hi Gang,

      Sorry to keep bothering folks with notices, today, but I just received an email from a StationPro II builder who has recent health problems that affect his dexterity, so that he isn't able to complete wiring up his kit. He says it's about 80 percent complete and would really appreciate some help finishing the job.  I'll keep his name/call private in this posting, but will forward any responses to him directly. He's a great guy, an avid ham, and has performed years of service for the ham community. I'm hoping somebody will step forward to bail him out of his difficulty. Remember, what goes around comes around, and we all could be in a similar situation some day.

      If you're interested, email me at 4cx250b@....

      Tnx and 73,

      Jim W8ZR

    • Greg
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 31 12:42 PM
        I would love to help but I still have not been able to troubleshoot my
        SP-I yet. :(

        73
        Greg
        AB7R

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 31 1:08 PM

          Hi Greg,

          We need to  fix whatever is wrong with your SP1!  I've been out of the country for 16 days, thinking about other things, so could you remind me about the symptoms. Let's give it one more shot, and then you can just ship me your controller and I'll fix it for you. Normally, SP1s are pretty easy to fix.

          I would love to help but I still have not been able to troubleshoot my
          SP-I yet. :(

          73
          Greg
          AB7R

          On 7/31/13, Jim Garland <4cx250b@...> wrote:
          > Hi Gang,
          >
          > Sorry to keep bothering folks with notices, today, but I just received an
          > email from a StationPro II builder who has recent health problems that
          > affect his dexterity, so that he isn't able to complete wiring up his kit.
          > He says it's about 80 percent complete and would really appreciate some
          > help
          > finishing the job. I'll keep his name/call private in this posting, but
          > will forward any responses to him directly. He's a great guy, an avid ham,
          > and has performed years of service for the ham community. I'm hoping
          > somebody will step forward to bail him out of his difficulty. Remember,
          > what
          > goes around comes around, and we all could be in a similar situation some
          > day.
          >

          > If you're interested, email me at 4cx250b@....
          >
          > Tnx and 73,
          >
          > Jim W8ZR

        • Greg
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 31 2:13 PM
            Very bad distortion on the audio. I have not had a chance to check
            continuity between the inputs and a connected POD board. I am
            presently in the process of building a new shack (12x16 barn type shed
            with a loft that will be finished as a ham shack). I will endeavor to
            test all the IO connections by the weekend.

            Thanks Jim. Hope you had a good time on your trip!

            Greg

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 31 3:22 PM

              I received a couple of offers already to help my ailing friend finish his SP2 project, so all is good. Bunch of nice guys on this List!

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 31 3:25 PM

                Sounds like a big project, Greg, but should be a great hamshack when you're done. Here, I've got three stations (one modern, two vintage) sitting on junky old desks, and I'm building a wraparound console to replace them. It's taking forever!

                Let me know when you run the diagnostic tests and we'll go from there. I'll be out of town until Aug. 8, so there's no rush.

                Very bad distortion on the audio. I have not had a chance to check
                continuity between the inputs and a connected POD board. I am
                presently in the process of building a new shack (12x16 barn type shed
                with a loft that will be finished as a ham shack). I will endeavor to
                test all the IO connections by the weekend.

                Thanks Jim. Hope you had a good time on your trip!

                Greg

                On 7/31/13, Jim Garland <4cx250b@...> wrote:
                > Hi Greg,
                >
                > We need to fix whatever is wrong with your SP1! I've been out of the
                > country for 16 days, thinking about other things, so could you remind me
                > about the symptoms. Let's give it one more shot, and then you can just ship
                > me your controller and I'll fix it for you. Normally, SP1s are pretty easy
                > to fix.
                >
                > 73,
                >
                > Jim W8ZR

              • Greg
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 31 5:51 PM
                  thanks Jim.  If I cannot find the problem by then I will let you know.