Update: Custom SP-2 Front Panels

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2013

      Hi All,

      I've now received the new black custom front panels and have installed one in an SP-II to verify that everthing fits properly. To remind you, these have a black anodized finish, with engraved white and red lettering. (I also slightly tweaked the position of the rectangular cutout for the LCD and enlarged a few holes slightly to make things fit better.) I think the final result is very attractive and classy, especially with the engraved lettering, but you can decide for yourself by going to the StationPro home page (www.w8zr.net/stationpro/ ) and scrolling to the photos at the bottom of the page.

      I ordered 40 custom panels, and have preliminary (non-binding) orders for 29. I'd like to set aside 5 panels for distribution with new SP-2 kits, (which will be relabeled SP-2B) so that means I have only 6 more panels available; when they're gone, there will be no more available. This is a one-time project!

      I'm not quite ready to receive any payments yet, because I first need to write step-by-step assembly instructions (which I'll post on my website for downloading) and buy packing boxes and material for shipping. I'll notify the list when I'm "good to go" which will probably be in about ten days. (I'll be out of town for half that time.)

      The price for the custom panels is $75 plus $12 per order for shipping (USPS priority mail). I will include a new power switch with each order, because installing the new panel will most likely destroy the original switch. All other front panel switches, LEDs, etc., won't be affected. I apologize for the high price, but unfortunately the custom work with limited quantites, although elegant, turned out to be more pricey than I'd hoped. I'm estimating it will take about two hours to install the new panel.

      Here is a list of folks who have said they want panels, in the order received, so if you're on the list there's no need to email me. Obviously, anybody on the list is free to change his mind at this point: W4ASE, N9PY, AD4MA, KA6IOB, K1JOS, W5PD, K5WLQ, K2TQN, AB4IQ, NJ0F, W8ZR, NM8O, W4UM, K1JD,W7JPG, N0HWY, K5SXO, WB5HAK, K9UW, AB0J, W4SSB, W9AC, K5SBR. Any subsequent orders will be on a first-come-first served basis, until the panels are gone. Just email me at 4cx250b@... if you want on my list.

      Thanks and 73,

      Jim W8ZR

    • Rick Armitage
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2013
        Hi Jim,
        Would you please put me down for a new panel.
        Thanks
        Rick
        VA3VO