Custom SP2 Front Panel

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 10 7:03 AM

      Hi Gang.

      I've received enough interest in custom front panels for the SP-2 that this morning I've placed an order for twenty. (I'll keep three for myself, to retrofit my own SP2s)  These will be black faced (on both sides), with an anodized coating. (I compared the anodized finish with a powercoated finish and like the anodized version better. It's also extremely hard and scratch-resistant.) The lettering will be engraved and white, except for the logo "StationPro 2B", which will infilled with red engraving. I tagged the "B" on then end of the model number to reflect the black color. I think the new panels will look really sharp and I'll post a photo of one of my retrofitted SP2s when they arrive. I still need to figure the exact price, but I'm guessing it will come out to be about $75/each.

      Please don't email me any orders yet, because before I sell them I want to to modify one of my own StationPros and use the experience to write up detailed instructions on making the swap. I'll probably include a replacement power switch with each panel, since removing the old panel will probably damage the existing power switch. All the other front panel components (LEDs, toggle switches, etc.) should survive intact.

      If you want to buy a complete new StationPro 2B (as opposed to upgrading an already-assembled StationPro 2), you'll receive a discount of about $20 on the new black front panel, since I won't need to supply an original front panel with your kit. I'll supply all these details once these go on sale.

      My XYL and I are gong on vacation on Friday and will be out of the country until July 28. Unless there is internet service in the Amazon jungle, I probably won't be able to respond to inquirires! But, who knows?

    • Ed Pflueger
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 10 7:36 AM

        Jim count me in for two.  One for me (AB4IQ) and one for WD4EFZ.

        Ed……..

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 10 7:43 AM
          I will take one too.

          73
          NJ0F

          Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:36 AM
          Subject: RE: [stationpro] Custom SP2 Front Panel

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 11 6:39 AM

            Hi Gang,

            If you've sent me an email expressing interest in buying a custom black front panel for your SP2, I've put you on my list. There's nothing else for you to do at the moment. It will probably be a month before I'm set up to mail your new panels to you, and will post a notice.on the reflector at that time. The interest in these has exceeded my original estimate, so I've increased my order accordingly. Tnx and 73,