Re: Mouser Backordered Parts

  • w0fk_lou
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 21, 2013
      Thanks Jim. I changed that p/n to the in-stock version, and everything is shipping.

      Lou, W0FK

      --- In stationpro@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@...> wrote:

      > Yep, 100% equivalent. Use it without fear. I've used both and can't even see
      > any color difference.
      >
      > Jim W8ZR

    • w4gv
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 22, 2013
        Jm,

        I've got an order into Mouser and the dates are slipping. I've got three parts backordered. Two of them have your substitutes in stock. The other is Original Part No: 806-KF22X-B25S-NJ
        or Substitute Part No: 806-KF22X-B25S-N. None are available for at least 3 1/2 weeks. Do you have another substitute?

        73
        Walt - W4GV
        w4gv@...

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 22, 2013

          Hi Walt,

          The damn backorders are the bane of my existence! I believe there is an equivalent Kobiconn connector (Mouser p/n 152-3625) that is equivalent to the Kycon connectors, but I've not actually tried one to make sure they fit in the same mounting holes in the PCB. I'm 95% certain they will fit, because D-Sub connector sizes are standardized, but I haven't actually put my hands on the connector. You could always buy three and see if they plug in okay, and if not send them back.

          Both brands of these connectors have built-in RF filtering, in contrast to ordinary D-Sub connectors, which is why I specified them. It's probably an unnecessary precaution, but I decided to play it safe even though the RF filtered connectors cost double the ordinary kind.

          These three connectors plug into the three Pod PCBs, and are one of the last things to be assembled. If you don't mind putting up with the 3.5 week backorder delay, you could build and test all other parts of the StationPro and then just solder these in when they're shipped. Alternately, you could just take a chance on the substitutes (which are electrically every bit as good as the originals) and see if they fit. If you choose the latter course, let me know what you find out.

          73,

          Jim W8ZR.

          I've got an order into Mouser and the dates are slipping. I've got three parts backordered. Two of them have your substitutes in stock. The other is Original Part No: 806-KF22X-B25S-NJ
          or Substitute Part No: 806-KF22X-B25S-N. None are available for at least 3 1/2 weeks. Do you have another substitute?

          73
          Walt - W4GV
          w4gv@...

          --- In stationpro@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@...> wrote:

          > Yep, 100% equivalent. Use it without fear. I've used both and can't even see
          > any color difference.
          >
          > Jim W8ZR

        • w4gv
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 22, 2013
            Thanks Jim,

            I called Mouser and changed the out-of-stock parts to the ones you have recommended. Shipment goes out today. Will advise the suitableness of the Kobicon connectors.

            73 de Walt - W4GV

          • w4gv
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 22, 2013
              Thanks Jim,

              I called Mouser and changed the out-of-stock parts to the ones you have recommended. Shipment goes out today. Will advise the suitableness of the Kobicon connectors.

              73 de Walt - W4GV

              --- In stationpro@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@...> wrote:

              > Hi Walt,
              >
              > The damn backorders are the bane of my existence! I believe there is an
              > equivalent Kobiconn connector (Mouser p/n 152-3625) that is equivalent to
              > the Kycon connectors, but I've not actually tried one to make sure they fit
              > in the same mounting holes in the PCB. I'm 95% certain they will fit,
              > because D-Sub connector sizes are standardized, but I haven't actually put
              > my hands on the connector. You could always buy three and see if they plug
              > in okay, and if not send them back.
              >

              > Both brands of these connectors have built-in RF filtering, in contrast to
              > ordinary D-Sub connectors, which is why I specified them. It's probably an
              > unnecessary precaution, but I decided to play it safe even though the RF
              > filtered connectors cost double the ordinary kind.
              >

              > These three connectors plug into the three Pod PCBs, and are one of the last
              > things to be assembled. If you don't mind putting up with the 3.5 week
              > backorder delay, you could build and test all other parts of the StationPro
              > and then just solder these in when they're shipped. Alternately, you could
              > just take a chance on the substitutes (which are electrically every bit as
              > good as the originals) and see if they fit. If you choose the latter course,
              > let me know what you find out.
              >

              > 73,
              >
              > Jim W8ZR.

            • w4gv
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 23, 2013
                Thanks Jim,

                I called Mouser and changed the out-of-stock parts to the ones you have recommended. Shipment goes out today. Will advise the suitableness of the Kobicon connectors.

                73 de Walt - W4GV

                --- In stationpro@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@...> wrote:

                > Hi Walt,
                >
                > The damn backorders are the bane of my existence! I believe there is an
                > equivalent Kobiconn connector (Mouser p/n 152-3625) that is equivalent to
                > the Kycon connectors, but I've not actually tried one to make sure they fit
                > in the same mounting holes in the PCB. I'm 95% certain they will fit,
                > because D-Sub connector sizes are standardized, but I haven't actually put
                > my hands on the connector. You could always buy three and see if they plug
                > in okay, and if not send them back.
                >

                > Both brands of these connectors have built-in RF filtering, in contrast to
                > ordinary D-Sub connectors, which is why I specified them. It's probably an
                > unnecessary precaution, but I decided to play it safe even though the RF
                > filtered connectors cost double the ordinary kind.
                >

                > These three connectors plug into the three Pod PCBs, and are one of the last
                > things to be assembled. If you don't mind putting up with the 3.5 week
                > backorder delay, you could build and test all other parts of the StationPro
                > and then just solder these in when they're shipped. Alternately, you could
                > just take a chance on the substitutes (which are electrically every bit as
                > good as the originals) and see if they fit. If you choose the latter course,
                > let me know what you find out.
                >

                > 73,
                >
                > Jim W8ZR.

              • w4gv
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 23, 2013
                  Don't know how 3 copies of my post got there. I only posted once.

                  Walt - W4GV
                • w4gv
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013