RE: [stationpro] Mouser Backordered Parts

  • Dave Trainor
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 20, 2013

      Can anyone tell me if the LCD part  668-NC-S16205DFYSAY is swappable with the LCD for the StationPro II?   It looks the same, same size, same controller and seems to be the transrefelective color is the only difference, but I am not sure so thought I would ask the group.

      Their backorder status for the specified 668-NC-S16205DFGSAY is apparently so far out they don’t have a date.

      Thanks and 73,

      Dave N8ZFM

      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 20, 2013
        I emailed Mouser as my order is also backordered. They're telling me it's expected in March 21.

        73,

        lou, W0FK

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 20, 2013

          Yep, 100% equivalent. Use it without fear. I've used both and can't even see any color difference.

          Jim W8ZR

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 21, 2013
            Thanks Jim. I changed that p/n to the in-stock version, and everything is shipping.

            Lou, W0FK

            --- In stationpro@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@...> wrote:

            > Yep, 100% equivalent. Use it without fear. I've used both and can't even see
            > any color difference.
            >
            > Jim W8ZR

          • w4gv
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 22, 2013
              Jm,

              I've got an order into Mouser and the dates are slipping. I've got three parts backordered. Two of them have your substitutes in stock. The other is Original Part No: 806-KF22X-B25S-NJ
              or Substitute Part No: 806-KF22X-B25S-N. None are available for at least 3 1/2 weeks. Do you have another substitute?

              73
              Walt - W4GV
              w4gv@...

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 22, 2013

                Hi Walt,

                The damn backorders are the bane of my existence! I believe there is an equivalent Kobiconn connector (Mouser p/n 152-3625) that is equivalent to the Kycon connectors, but I've not actually tried one to make sure they fit in the same mounting holes in the PCB. I'm 95% certain they will fit, because D-Sub connector sizes are standardized, but I haven't actually put my hands on the connector. You could always buy three and see if they plug in okay, and if not send them back.

                Both brands of these connectors have built-in RF filtering, in contrast to ordinary D-Sub connectors, which is why I specified them. It's probably an unnecessary precaution, but I decided to play it safe even though the RF filtered connectors cost double the ordinary kind.

                These three connectors plug into the three Pod PCBs, and are one of the last things to be assembled. If you don't mind putting up with the 3.5 week backorder delay, you could build and test all other parts of the StationPro and then just solder these in when they're shipped. Alternately, you could just take a chance on the substitutes (which are electrically every bit as good as the originals) and see if they fit. If you choose the latter course, let me know what you find out.

                73,

                Jim W8ZR.

                I've got an order into Mouser and the dates are slipping. I've got three parts backordered. Two of them have your substitutes in stock. The other is Original Part No: 806-KF22X-B25S-NJ
                or Substitute Part No: 806-KF22X-B25S-N. None are available for at least 3 1/2 weeks. Do you have another substitute?

                73
                Walt - W4GV
                w4gv@...

                --- In stationpro@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@...> wrote:

                > Yep, 100% equivalent. Use it without fear. I've used both and can't even see
                > any color difference.
                >
                > Jim W8ZR

              • w4gv
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 22, 2013
                  Thanks Jim,

                  I called Mouser and changed the out-of-stock parts to the ones you have recommended. Shipment goes out today. Will advise the suitableness of the Kobicon connectors.

                  73 de Walt - W4GV

                • w4gv
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 22, 2013
                    Thanks Jim,

                    I called Mouser and changed the out-of-stock parts to the ones you have recommended. Shipment goes out today. Will advise the suitableness of the Kobicon connectors.

                    73 de Walt - W4GV

                    --- In stationpro@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Walt,
                    >
                    > The damn backorders are the bane of my existence! I believe there is an
                    > equivalent Kobiconn connector (Mouser p/n 152-3625) that is equivalent to
                    > the Kycon connectors, but I've not actually tried one to make sure they fit
                    > in the same mounting holes in the PCB. I'm 95% certain they will fit,
                    > because D-Sub connector sizes are standardized, but I haven't actually put
                    > my hands on the connector. You could always buy three and see if they plug
                    > in okay, and if not send them back.
                    >

                    > Both brands of these connectors have built-in RF filtering, in contrast to
                    > ordinary D-Sub connectors, which is why I specified them. It's probably an
                    > unnecessary precaution, but I decided to play it safe even though the RF
                    > filtered connectors cost double the ordinary kind.
                    >

                    > These three connectors plug into the three Pod PCBs, and are one of the last
                    > things to be assembled. If you don't mind putting up with the 3.5 week
                    > backorder delay, you could build and test all other parts of the StationPro
                    > and then just solder these in when they're shipped. Alternately, you could
                    > just take a chance on the substitutes (which are electrically every bit as
                    > good as the originals) and see if they fit. If you choose the latter course,
                    > let me know what you find out.
                    >

                    > 73,
                    >
                    > Jim W8ZR.

                  • w4gv
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 23, 2013
                      Thanks Jim,

                      I called Mouser and changed the out-of-stock parts to the ones you have recommended. Shipment goes out today. Will advise the suitableness of the Kobicon connectors.

                      73 de Walt - W4GV

                      --- In stationpro@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Walt,
                      >
                      > The damn backorders are the bane of my existence! I believe there is an
                      > equivalent Kobiconn connector (Mouser p/n 152-3625) that is equivalent to
                      > the Kycon connectors, but I've not actually tried one to make sure they fit
                      > in the same mounting holes in the PCB. I'm 95% certain they will fit,
                      > because D-Sub connector sizes are standardized, but I haven't actually put
                      > my hands on the connector. You could always buy three and see if they plug
                      > in okay, and if not send them back.
                      >

                      > Both brands of these connectors have built-in RF filtering, in contrast to
                      > ordinary D-Sub connectors, which is why I specified them. It's probably an
                      > unnecessary precaution, but I decided to play it safe even though the RF
                      > filtered connectors cost double the ordinary kind.
                      >

                      > These three connectors plug into the three Pod PCBs, and are one of the last
                      > things to be assembled. If you don't mind putting up with the 3.5 week
                      > backorder delay, you could build and test all other parts of the StationPro
                      > and then just solder these in when they're shipped. Alternately, you could
                      > just take a chance on the substitutes (which are electrically every bit as
                      > good as the originals) and see if they fit. If you choose the latter course,
                      > let me know what you find out.
                      >

                      > 73,
                      >
                      > Jim W8ZR.

                    • w4gv
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 23, 2013
                        Don't know how 3 copies of my post got there. I only posted once.

                        Walt - W4GV
                      • w4gv
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013