8-Pin Microphone Jack Wiring- OOPS!!

  • w8zr_santa_fe
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2013
      I just noticed an error in my instructions from a few days ago about how to tell which pin is which on the 8-pin mic jacks. I said that one starts counting from the right of the key, when the jack is viewed from the front. Unfortunately, that's an ambiguous instruction, because whether it's right or left depends on whether you assume the key is at the top of the jack or at the bottom! Okay, so I'll try again. Here is my new improved instruction:

      "Facing the front of the jack,and starting at the key, start counting COUNTERCLOCKWISE around the jack. Pin 1 is the first pin CCW from the key, Pin 2 is the second pin, etc. When you get all the way around the jack, you will be at pin 7."

      Sorry for the confusion!

      Jim W8ZR
    • w0fk_lou
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10, 2013
        I incorporated Jim's instructions into a document that helped me follow pin assignments in wiring the mic jacks.

        eneral%20and%20K3.docx

        I hope other builders find it useful.

        73,

        Lou, W0FK