Station Pro II Pod Questions

  • Torrey Mitchell
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2012

      Hi Jim,

      Thank you again for your hospitality last Sunday!  It was definitely the highlight of my week.

      My relay box is done and I have worked on my pod pin out listings.

      1.   I have your personal K3 pod pinot list which you sent by email recently.  There is also a more generic K3 pod pinot listing on page 54 of the StationPro II manual.  I’ve attached the personal pinot lists for my KWM-380 and Tentec OMNI VII plus your K3 version (for reference).  Would you please glance at my listings for obvious errors.

      2.   Looking at the Notes at the end of your K3 listing, you say to tie all unused pod pads to GND.  Do you mean to solder in small jumper wires to the adjacent GND pads?  Should this apply to the unused pads on any pod I construct?

      3.   The KWM-380 and OMNI VII only have monaural audio output.  Therefore, it makes sense to me to run the speaker and lineout cables to their respective speaker and lineout pads on the pod and to also run a jumper between the left and right pads.  I want the audio to go equally to both my left and right speakers.  Is that what you would do?

      4.   I like the idea of running the K3 Mic+ and PTT lines to the RCA jacks on the back.  It’s neater and no 8-pin mic connector soldering headache.  I see no way to run the mic+ to the back of the OMNI VII.  Also it looks like there is no mic-level audio input to the back of the KWM-30.

      Thanks again!

      73 de Torrey N9PY

    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2012

        Ho Torrey,

        Could you share your KWM-380 pin outs?

        73 Jerry

        K1JOS

      • Torrey Mitchell
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 9, 2012

          Here’s what I came up with Jerry.  Jim Garland says it looks right.

          73 Torrey N9PY