Important: SP-I & SP-1/UP Buyers

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2012

      Hi everybody,

      This email is intended for folks who have purchased  or intend to purchase an SP-1 or an SP-1/SP-UP  (which is the SP-1 plus the SP-2 upgrade kit)  at the clearance price (SP-I is $122.50, and  SP-I/SP-UP is $195.00).  Today, I've made a few substitutions on the Mouser parts lists to avoid the hassle of backordered parts, and now all Mouser parts are in stock for immediate shipping EXCEPT the main power switch, p/n 103-4024-EV, which has no ready substitute. It's now scheduled for shipment on 9/24. Fortunately, Mouser usually ships  before their announced backorder date, so I'm hopeful you won't have to wait that long for this part. I've ordered a large number of these switches, which I will supply with future kits, just to avoid this hassle in the future. Unfortunately, for now, there's no option but to wait for Mouser to ship the part.

      I'm assuming that buyers of the SP-1/SP-UP combination package are planning on building an SP-2 from the get-go, and aren't going to build the SP-1 and then upgrade it to an SP-2. Therefore, before shipping your combo package, I'll open the package and replace the SP-1 assembly manual with an SP-2 assembly manual. If you'd rather have the SP-1 manual then email me and let me know. Also, when you're ordering Mouser parts, be sure and order the SP-2 Mouser parts, so you won't buy a bunch of SP-1 parts which you won't use.

      AND….finally, be sure and download the latest errata sheet from my website before you start assembly, and make the changes in your assembly manuals.Feel free to email me if you have any questions. I'm trying to ship your packages immediately, but I've received many orders since announcing the sale and may get behind a day or two.  Thanks for your patience.

    • Don Cunningham
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2012
        Jim,
        I'll play the dumb one.  Do you get these orders (I just ordered two of the SP-1/UP and one of the network boards) directly from Harbach as they are placed, or as a batch??  Thanks for making these available.  It will be nice to network three of them as I get all of them built.
        73,
        Don, WB5HAK