Anyone incorporated antenna switching into the StationPro II?

  • jsrnextstep
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 21, 2012
      I'm in the process of buying/building a StationPro II and was wondering if anyone has incorporated any sort of Antenna switching into the operation of the StationPro? I currently use a few high isolation Dow-Key relays to choose my antenna. Many thanks. 73, Jim Robbins, N1JR
    • e_j_schuller
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 22, 2012
        If you want to switch a different antenna for each of the 3 rig positions, you can use the aux jacks on the SP-II. Short the aux pad in each rig pod, and connect the Dow-Key relay ground to the aux jack (for each of the 3 position) on the control unit. This is pretty basic, but it will switch a different antenna for each rig. There is no way to switch multiple antennas to one rig, however.

        73,
        Ed - K6CTA

        --- In stationpro@yahoogroups.com, "jsrnextstep" <jsrobbins@...> wrote:

        > I'm in the process of buying/building a StationPro II and was wondering if anyone has incorporated any sort of Antenna switching into the operation of the StationPro? I currently use a few high isolation Dow-Key relays to choose my antenna. Many thanks. 73, Jim Robbins, N1JR

      • James Robbins
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 23, 2012
          Good morning Ed,

          Many thanks for responding to my inquiry about antenna switching and
          the StationPro II.

          My setup currently is pretty simple using only two transceivers
          basically with one THP amp. My main purpose was to simplify the key/
          headphones/mic/PTT switching between them.

          As far as antenna switching, I was thinking that I could modify Jim's
          beautiful unit by routing the RF output of his "RF relay unit" box to
          my Dow-Key antenna relays (controlling them via a rotary switch which
          I could incorporate into the StationPro). This would provide a
          simple way to manually put any of the three antennas to either rig/
          amplifier.

          73,
          Jim
          N1JR

          On Apr 22, 2012, at 10:10 PM, e_j_schuller wrote:

          > If you want to switch a different antenna for each of the 3 rig
          > positions, you can use the aux jacks on the SP-II. Short the aux
          > pad in each rig pod, and connect the Dow-Key relay ground to the
          > aux jack (for each of the 3 position) on the control unit. This is
          > pretty basic, but it will switch a different antenna for each rig.
          > There is no way to switch multiple antennas to one rig, however.
          >
          > 73,
          > Ed - K6CTA
          >
          > --- In stationpro@yahoogroups.com, "jsrnextstep" <jsrobbins@...>
          > wrote:
          >>
          >> I'm in the process of buying/building a StationPro II and was
          >> wondering if anyone has incorporated any sort of Antenna switching
          >> into the operation of the StationPro? I currently use a few high
          >> isolation Dow-Key relays to choose my antenna. Many thanks. 73,
          >> Jim Robbins, N1JR

        • Saad Mahaini
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2012
            Hello,

            If anyone that is using the Station Master for switching audio and Aux
            using the main unit only , and does not need the RF switching box part
            (Box and PC Board) of the kit and is interested in selling, please email
            me and let me now what you have and the asking price. I can use one of
            these.

            73 Saad N5FF

            -----
            No virus found in this message.