Re: [stationpro] Optional Firmware (ver. 2.2M) Available

  • Michael Raskin
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 11, 2011
      You're right, Jim - harder to explain than demonstrate.  I use two independent (not networked, yet) Station Pros.  I have 3 transceivers (IC-7800, K3, and FT5000) with 6 amps; 3 of the amps are solid state (PW-1, HL-1,5, and KPA500), and the other 3 are Alphas (9500, 8406, and 77Sx).   I love ver. 2.2M for my 3 solid state (instant on) amps.  The non-M version of SPII had the amp in "bypass" when first turned on, somewhat of a pain for me since I would have another switch to remember to throw.  My solid sate amps amps are not powered on until I need them, so there is no issue about safety here.  My other SPII controls my 3 tube amps using the same transceiver as for the first SPII, but using the "Ant 2" output of each transceiver.  For the tube amps, I use ver. 2.2.  I utilize the "anti-blinking" routine for both and lockout foe one on my solid state amps (KPA500).  Haven't used the SPII with any of my vintage rigs as I have the proper mic and speaker for each, but maybe someday.

      Mike, W4UM

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 11, 2011

        Glad ver. 2.2M works for you, Mike. Maybe someday when I get solid state amps, I’ll use it!  BTW, the SP-II works great with vintage rigs, even if you use dedicated vintage mics and speakers with each rig. It’s really convenient to have all the RF switching, key, and amp switching handled automatically. I use an SP-II on my Collins desk, and use it with an S-Line, KWM-380, and KWM-1.  I also use with that desk a 30L-1, 30S-1, and a (non-Collins L4-B).