Re: [stationpro] A little off topic question about MIC switching

  • Tom Schaefer, NY4I
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 17, 2011
      As it turns out, they do not make this amateur version any longer as parts got too expensive for them to make it economically. So, if anyone had an idea on how to remotely switch among 4 mic plugs, please let me know.

      Thanks,

      Tom Schaefer, NY4I
      EL88pb
      Monitoring EchoLink node KJ4FEC-L 489389
      DSTAR Capable  APRS: NY4I-15

      On Oct 17, 2011, at 12:48 PM, Pete Stark K4OM wrote:

      http://www.ncsradio.com/commercial/C250.shtml

      Pete K4OM

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 24, 2011
        Tom,

        I have put together a drawing with suggested parts, using Jim's StationPro schematic, to do the 4 remote microphones you need.
        Please look at the N4ECO Links at the bottom of my home page http://www.n4eco.com . Jim may have some more input on this.

        Enjoying Ham Radio,
        73, de N4ECO - Bob Archer

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 24, 2011

          Hi Bob,

          Your circuit looks fine to me. I don’t see any problem with it at all. Of course, since all the Mic-, Up, Dwn, etc., wires are tied in parallel for the four connectors, one would have to be careful that the connected radios don’t have any conflict. Most likely this would happen if the radios supplied a voltage (e.g., +5V or +8V) for an Electret mic.