Re: [stationpro] A little off topic question about MIC switching

  • Pete Stark K4OM
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 17, 2011
      Look at the amateur version.
      About 325, I think.
      Mine works well.

      Pete K4OM

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Monday, October 17, 2011 1:04 PM
      Subject: Re: [stationpro] A little off topic question about MIC switching

      I saw that one but it is around $1000 and also handles speakers. That seems like a bunch of dough for some relays and a switch. I can see for a police cruiser I guess.

      On Oct 17, 2011, at 12:48 PM, Pete Stark K4OM wrote:

      http://www.ncsradio.com/commercial/C250.shtml

      Pete K4OM

        > This is a bit off-topic but not by much. Please excuse the intrusion.
        >
        > I have four mobile rigs installed in my car. There icom (IC-7000, ID-1 and
        > ID880) and one Kenwood D710A.
        >
        > I would like to get rid of my extra microphones and only use one. I can
        > certainly design something with some relays similar to the StationPro but
        > the trick is the switching. All the radios are in the trunk and they are
        > all remote mounted so I have a MIC wire from the back to the front in some
        > cases (the 7000 lets me put the Mic in the control head).
        >
        > It seems like it would make more sense to have the switch and the mic
        > connectors in the trunk with the rest of the gear. I cannot figure out the
        > best way to make a remote four position switch. A simple control head
        > where I plug the MIC into it and send two lines back to the trunk would be
        > fine. ONe line can be the MIC and another the switching information. I was
        > thinking of a simple BCD encoder as a switch and then a decoder to read
        > that and select the right relay positions. Is there a simpler way?
        >
        > Does anyone have any ideas. Please contract me directly as I would hate to
        > cause more OT posts here.
        >

        > Thanks in advance for any ideas.
        >

        > Tom Schaefer, NY4I
        > ny4i@...
        > EL88pb
        > Monitoring EchoLink node KJ4FEC-L 489389
        > DSTAR Capable APRS: NY4I-15

      • n4eco_bob
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 24, 2011
          Tom,

          I have put together a drawing with suggested parts, using Jim's StationPro schematic, to do the 4 remote microphones you need.
          Please look at the N4ECO Links at the bottom of my home page http://www.n4eco.com . Jim may have some more input on this.

          Enjoying Ham Radio,
          73, de N4ECO - Bob Archer

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 24, 2011

            Hi Bob,

            Your circuit looks fine to me. I don’t see any problem with it at all. Of course, since all the Mic-, Up, Dwn, etc., wires are tied in parallel for the four connectors, one would have to be careful that the connected radios don’t have any conflict. Most likely this would happen if the radios supplied a voltage (e.g., +5V or +8V) for an Electret mic.