RE: [stationpro] Storing programming cable inside SP-II.

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2011

      Hi Sebastian,

      You might be able to get away with leaving the program cable permanently connected, but I generally don’t advise it. The wires go directly to two of the input ports of the Basic Stamp controller, and could potentially be a source of RF pickup. If the cable was coiled up inside the unit when not in use, you might be okay. There’s no harm in giving it a try.

      Normally, reprogramming the Basic Stamp merely involves removing the top lid of the StationPro and moving the rear panel PCB out of the way. Removing the PCB only takes a couple of minutes (there are six screws and two nuts to take off).