Re: Is this strike 2 or 3 (times your out)

  • n0mpm
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2011
      I decided on the PLA-140S surface mount version. If you straighten out the pins and top solder them it works fine. I just made sure the solder flowed fully into each hole.
      73 and good luck,
      mike

      --- In stationpro@yahoogroups.com, "wb0vak" <davekayandchinchin@...> wrote:

      > Well tonight I got home and was putting the order together for the StationPro II.
      > Rereading the order before checking out and another part on back order.
      > Can I ever get an order completed without a backorder?
      >
      > Mouser #: 849-PLA140
      > Mfr. #: PLA140
      > Manufacturer: Clare
      > Desc.: Solid State Relays SPST-NO 6PIN DIP
      > RoHS: RoHS Compliant
      >
      > Asterisk, '*', is not a valid character for Customer Part number. Unsupported characters: {0}
      >

      > Availability
      > 0 Ships Now
      > 1 Backordered
      > $4.34
      >

      > Which one is a sub for this one?
      > I really do not want to have stuff on back order.
      > Thanks Dave. WB0VAK

    • Jack
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 13, 2012
        Just looked for original and substitute -- neither available -- any other thoughts on what available part from Mouser would work. Thanks

        73,
        Jack (W0FNQ)

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 13, 2012

          Hi Jack,

          Probably best to email me directly (4cx250b@...) instead of posting to the list for inquiries like this. Backorders are the bane of my existence, but Mouser says the PLA-140 should ship within 3 weeks (1150 on order). If you don’t want to wait, you can substitute 849-PLA110, which has slightly lower current ratings (150mA vs. 250mA), but is three times faster (1 mS). The 150 mA rating should be more than adequate for any amplifier I’m aware of.