RE: Not Again! (Backordered Mouser Part Substitute)

  • w8zr_santa_fe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2011
      Hi Dave,
      Please substitute Mouser p/n 806-KF22X-B25P-NJ for the backordered 25 pin right-angle D-Sub connectors (p/n 636-182-025-113R531). The substitute connector is made by Kycon (the original is made by NorComp) and has identical pinouts and PCB holes. It is an exact replacement. In fact, it is a better connector than the orginal one because it includes an integral ferrite filter for RFI suppression. I didn't specify it as the original part because, alas, it costs about $2 more than the NorComp part. However I did specify the Kycon connectors for the DB-25s that mount in the RF relay unit, because I thought the RF filtering could be important there. Mouser has over a thousand of these in stock, so there shoulodn't be any availablility problem for future StationPro builders.