Need Help?

  • wb0vak
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1 4:52 PM
      I want to order a kit but have an issue with the 5 pin connector.
      ( copy and paste from order )

      Mouser #: 161-0505
      Mfr. #: 161-0505
      Manufacturer: Kobiconn
      Desc.: DIN Connectors 5 PIN DIN PCB
      RoHS: No
      Info: View Additional Product Info
      Lifecycle: End of Life: Scheduled for obsolescence and will be discontinued by the supplier.

      What do I use or where next?
      I also assume I should order the connectors that go into these also.
      Thanks in advance.

      Dave
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1 6:47 PM

        Hi Dave,

        Thanks for your note. You must have missed my posting the other day about Mouser backordered parts and p/n changes. Below is the text, which I believe answers your question about the DIN connector (note the second paragraph). You will need also to buy the mating plug (or cable) only if you want to use the Data/CAT port on the StationPro. There’s no rush for that, of course, and you can add it after your SP has been completed and is up and running.  Here’s the excerpt from my posting:

        “When you place your Mouser order, please note that the specified Tyco relays (Mouser p/n 655-V23105A5003A201) are now on backorder. (Yesterday, a customer bought out Mouser’s entire inventory!) Please substitute part number 655-V23105A5303A201, which is the identical relay except for a slightly
        different coil resistance (720 ohms vs. 960 ohms). Also, there is an equivalent
        Panasonic relay (part number 769-DS2E-S-DC12V), though it is a bit more costly.

        You also should change the part number slightly on the required 5-pin DIN connector, from 161-0505 to 161-0505-E.  The “E” means the connector has now passed an environmental specification, and for some reason Mouser decided it needed a new part number.”

        Don’t hesitate to write again if you have any questions or problems.

        73, and Happy New Year!

        Jim W8ZR