Re Firmware Upgrade - Oops!

  • w8zr_santa_fe
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 16, 2010
      The latest StationPro II firmware upgrade is version 2.1 and not version 2.0, as stated in my earlier announcement. Version 2.1 corrects a slight bug in the earlier versions that pertains to networked SP-IIs. If you not networking multiple SP-2s, and you've already loaded version 2.0, then there is no reason to bother uploading version 2.1. However, if you ARE networking more than one SP-II, then you should be sure to use version 2.1.

      Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

      Jim W8ZR
    • John
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 17, 2010
        Wow! That was easy! The biggest issue was getting to P208. I had forgotten that it is located under the rear panel PCB, and that that PCB has to be removed to get to it.
        Oh--also, it took me about 3 tries to figure out that I needed to download the bs2 file by "right-click/save as" rather than "left-click", which kept downloading the file as a web page. I thought I was moderately computer savvy. Oh, well.
        Jim--thanks again for all your work!
        73
        John
        w4kv

        --- In stationpro@yahoogroups.com, "w8zr_santa_fe" <4cx250b@...> wrote:

        > The latest StationPro II firmware upgrade is version 2.1 and not
        . . . snipped . . .
      • Paul Christensen
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 17, 2010
          John,

          One simple option is to bring out P208 to a rear panel connector.  A while back, I modified my SPII with a rear panel toggle switch that selects RS-232 operation between "Program" and "Run" modes.  That requires some PCB re-work so it may not be appealing to most users.  Probably the addition of a rear panel connector may be the most viable solution for those not wanting to disassemble their SPIIs for re-programming.  There's certainly plenty of room on the back panel.

          Paul, W9AC

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 17, 2010
            Paul--
            That's a great idea. I considered just attaching a connector to P208 with a small cable terminated by another male plug which would lie unused but easily accessible until reprogramming is desired. But, being a dues-paying member of the American Procrastination Society, I decided to wait till next time.

            John
            w4kv

            --- In stationpro@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@...> wrote:

            > John,
            >
            > One simple option is to bring out P208 to a rear panel connector. A while back, I modified my SPII with a rear panel toggle switch that selects RS-232 operation between "Program" and "Run" modes. That requires some PCB re-work so it may not be appealing to most users. Probably the addition of a rear panel connector may be the most viable solution for those not wanting to disassemble their SPIIs for re-programming. There's certainly plenty of room on the back panel.
            >
            > Paul, W9AC

          • John Dilks, K2TQN
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 17, 2010
              At 09:45 AM 11/17/2010, you wrote:
              >But, being a dues-paying member of the American Procrastination
              >Society, I decided to wait till next time.
              >
              >John
              >w4kv

              John W4KV,

              Do you have an application for a new member? I'm sure I
              qualify. Send me the application sometime next year.

              [JIM-W8ZR] Thanks for the update. I'm still procrastinating on
              building the StationPro2. I now have my Collins station (almost)
              ready to go. The KWM2A/30L1 half is working OK; I made 2 contacts
              with a temporary antenna. Next I'll wire up the S-line half and test
              it. And Tomorrow the tree surgeons are finally coming to clear the
              lower limbs, so the antennas can go back up. Shortly, I won't have
              any excuse that counts, as soon as the antennas go up. :-)

              73, John, K2TQN
            • F5JD
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 19, 2010
                Procrastination...
                This word is the same in French and in English. Go figure !

                José F5JD