RE: [stationpro] Xmtr pickup through antenna cable

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2010

      Hi John,

      Some pickup is normal and shouldn’t harm any of your other transceivers. I often use a KWM-380 on my Collins desk (with an S-line and KWM-1), along with a 30S-1, 30L-1 and L4B, all three tuned to the same frequency, with no problems. As you noted, the antenna input on a non-selected radio is grounded. Residual pickup from coax lines, etc.,  will produce at most a few millivolts of signal strength which, though it may cause an S9++ S-meter reading won’t hurt anything.