New file uploaded to stationpro

  • stationpro@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 18, 2010
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the stationpro
      group.

      File : /Tips for Wiring Circuit Board Jumpers.pdf
      Uploaded by : w8zr_santa_fe <4cx250b@...>
      Description : Helpful hints for neatly wiring jumpers to printed circuit boards

      You can access this file at the URL:

      Regards,

      w8zr_santa_fe <4cx250b@...>
    • M Chance
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 19, 2010
        Jim,  In the past, I've always had an SWR meter connected between the output of the Transceiver and the Amp that I was using.  I'd like to modify the relay box on my SPII to do the same.  I was thinking about adding in 2 additional UHF connections to the Relay  box and then routing the RF out of the box through the meter and back into the box, so the meter would be inline.  Any ideas where I should cut the trace to add this feature in?

        Thanks and 73's,

        Mike
        KE7WRJ

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 19, 2010

          Mike,

          I don’t think there’s any easy way to do what you want,  given the way the relay unit’s PCB trace routes the transceiver outputs to the amplifier inputs.  The output from the tranceivers tie to a large (1/4 in. wide) trace that is about 3.5 in. long.  The amplifiers tap off that trace along its length, so there’s no one place you could insert an additional SWR meter. If you really want to pursue the idea, you’d have to cut the trace along the full length of its midline, and tap into each half of the cut trace with your pickoff connections to additional UHF connectors. Unfortunately, I fear doing that, aside from making a mess of the PCB, would probably undermne the very low SWR properties of the relay unit.

           Of course, modern transceivers almost always have a built-in SWR meter, so for them an outboard unit isn’t needed. For a vintage radio that lacks an SWR meter, your best bet would be just to insert the meter between the radio and the transceiver input on the relay box.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 19, 2010
            Jim,  Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll take a look at the board when I get home from work this evening.  If the trace leaving the relay, is a 1/4" wide,  I may be able to cut it there and use 1/4" copper strip to the UHF connectors.  If that won't work,  I may just draw up a new board that will support inline SWR meters, and other things.

            Thanks,

            Mike
            KE7WRJ

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 10, 2013
              Hello,

              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the stationpro
              group.

              File : /StationPro mic wiring - General and K3.docx
              Uploaded by : w0fk_lou <lladerman@...>
              Description :

              w0fk_lou <lladerman@...>