SP II

  • Michael Raskin
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2010
      My Mouser care package arrived Friday but only had time to unpack the box.  Worked on it part of Saturday and most of Sunday and it's 99% complete, except for the pods.  The first thing I did when I unpacked the box was to number the 80 different plastic bags with a black Magic Marker since the printed numbers on the bags are too small to easily read.  I checked off each bag against the shipping list, and all bags were accounted for.  I then labeled four small boxes for the front panel, main board, rear panel and microcontroller board.  I placed all the needed bags for the first task, the front panel, in the appropriate box and did the same with all bags, knowing that some bags in the first box would be used on subsequent boards.  Sounds like a plan - but not quite, as all plan have Murphy.  At the very end of the front panel assembly, the bag of green LEDs only had one instead of six.  Since it was Saturday, I'll have to wait until Monday to call Mouser (yes, I sent them an email).  At least this will give me some time to ponder the mic wiring to the front panel.  I haven't decided which way to go since my only mic is a PR-781 which I use for all rigs.  I don't even have a rig brand mic and have no idea what up or down are for.  PTT?  I use a foot switch.  Almost there!

      Mike, W4UM
    • e_j_schuller
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2010
        --- In stationpro@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Raskin" <rask1553@...> wrote:

        > At least this will give me some time to ponder the mic wiring to the >front panel. I haven't decided which way to go since my only mic is a >PR-781 which I use for all rigs. I don't even have a rig brand mic >and have no idea what up or down are for.

        Mike...

        I used the 8-pin connector for one slot, and wired it up for all of the "options" for the main rig (a K3). For the other connector, I used a 4-pin jack (like what is on older Ten Tec rigs). I find that these are much simpler to wire up, especially if there is not a need for the extra functions. This gives me the option of using most any type of mic.

        73,
        Ed - K6CTA