      From: stationpro@yahoogroups.com [mailto:stationpro@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of k4elo@...
      Sent: Friday, March 28, 2014 09:53
      To: stationpro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [stationpro] Hum

      I'm stumped and out of ideas.  Need some advice here.
      A few days ago a small hum suddenly appeared when using my Heil mic through the SPII.
      First the history.  I was using a Yaesu and a Flex with the SPII.  No hum.
      Both SPII mic connectors were wired for Yaesu.
      Sold the Yaesu and got a Kenwood.  Built a pod for the Kenwood and all worked fine for several months.  Until the hum showed up.  I thought maybe the old mic extension cord I had on the Heil had developed a problem.  So I built a new cord for the Heil, wired for Kenwood.  Changed one of the SPII mic connectors to Kenwood wiring.  Hum is even worse.
      If I change the Heil cable back to the one wired for Yaesu and use the other SPII connector, the hum is still there but smaller.
      If I plug a hand mic into the SPII Yaesu connector, no hum.
      If I plug the Heil Kenwood cable directly into the Kenwood, no hum.
      The hum situation is the same whether the Kenwood or the Flex is selected on the SPII.  Tried disconnecting everything but the mic from the Kenwood - same hum.
      So I'm open to ideas - anyone?
      73
      Wayne
      K4ELO