526Re: [stationpro] Re: Bleed of Audio from Transceiver 1 into Transceivers 2 and 3

  • Lionking45
    Jan 4, 2014
    • 1 Attachment
    • 313 KB
    Here is a photo of my setup showing high SWR in the switch box.

    image.jpeg
    Ariel NY4G

    Sent from my iPad

    On Jan 4, 2014, at 8:32 AM, "lionking45@..." <lionking45@...> wrote:

    Jim,

    I already just re-did all of my jumpers and cables and verified each one. I placed a dummy load right at the output of the RF Box and the input directly with a short jumper and an analyzer - all the jumpers are verified good. The SWR reads 4.2. I have a post from yesterday at 3 PM that reported all the readings. I think I have a bad solder joint in the RF switch box and perhaps even bad ground connections. Should I check diode functioning? I have not opened up the unit . I needed to know whether I should focus there or not.

    I have not run more than 1000 watts through the RF switch.

    Ariel NY4G

    --- In stationpro@yahoogroups.com, MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@...> wrote:

    > Ariel, If the continuity between the various connectors on the RF unit are
    > correct, then you can most likely assume the unit is working properly. So
    > long as you're not running more than 3 or 4 KW into a high SWR antenna, the
    > relays in the relay unit should should handle the power easily. If you
    > like, you can undo the six sheet metal screws in the RF unit and remove the
    > cover. You can tell at a glance if the center pins on the coax jacks are
    > all sorted properly. I could be wrong, of coarse, but my guess is you may
    > have a bad coax connector on a cable somewhere.
    >
    > FYI, The relay unit has a negligible SWR up through the 6m band.
    > 73,
    > Jim
    >
    > Sent from my iPad
    >
    > On Jan 3, 2014, at 22:08, "lionking45@..." <
    > lionking45@...> wrote:
    >

    > This appears to have resolved itself for right now. My bigger problem is
    > the high SWR through the RF Switch Box. Is it time to open the RF switchbox
    > and check the soldering and ground connections?
    >
    > Ariel NY4G
    >
    > --- In stationpro@yahoogroups.com, MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@> wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi Ariel,
    > > It sounds like you are not running the audio output from all three
    > > transceivers through the StationPro into a common speaker. When you select
    > > a transceiver, the audio and antenna connections from the other
    > > transceivers are automatically disconnected. If you have separate speakers
    > > on any of your I selected transceivers, then you are likely to hear the
    > > signal from your selected transceiver. The StationPro shorts to ground the
    > > antenna input on unselected transceivers, so the signal that bleeds
    > through
    > > to them is not strong.
    > > 73, Jim W8ZR
    > > Sent from my iPad
    > >
    > > On Jan 2, 2014, at 19:25, "lionking45@" <
    > > lionking45@> wrote:
    > >

    > > Hi Group. I have yet another problem in that the audio or RF signal from
    > > Transceiver 1 is heard when I switch to Transceiver positions 2 and 3. The
    > > converse is not true. The RF signal of Transceiver 2 is isolated and
    > cannot
    > > be heard when I switch to either TX1 or TX3. There is no attenuation odf
    > > the signal from TX1 in TX2 or TX3 positions. Any help is appreciated.
    > >
    > > Ariel NY4G

  • Show all 14 messages in this topic