448Re: [stationpro] Re: Received panel yesterday - Thanks!

  • Jim Heye
    Aug 26, 2013
      Don is absolutely correct..... BUY the stand if you buy a Hakko 808 desoldering tool otherwise you will destroy something if you don't unplug it each time you use it.
      Jim,K5WLQ

      Don Cunningham <donc@...> wrote:

      One hint if (WHEN??) you buy the Hakko 808, spend a few bucks more and get that nice stand that is sold for it.  I nearly burned the table up before my brain kicked in and said "the heat is on all the time, dummy!!!"  The stand sells on Amazon for $25 or so, and it is NICE.  The 808 does come with a little asbestos (probably not, but similar) coat over a metal spring, so they don't ship them bare, but the stand is a worthy addition, IMHO.
      73,
      Don, WB5HAK

      On 8/26/2013 2:50 PM, Jim Garland wrote:

      Hi Bill,

      I use a Hakko 808 desoldering kit, which one can buy on Amazon for about $200. You can read user reviews there, also. I”ve been very pleased with it.