291RE: [stationpro] Notching corners Main PCB

    Jun 6, 2012

      I use wire cutters (the kind with a narrow blade, not diagonal cutters.) Never had any problem splitting the fiberglass. A file works well, too.

      Jim W8ZR

      From: stationpro@yahoogroups.com [mailto:stationpro@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Scott Hamilton
      Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 9:33 PM
      To: stationpro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [stationpro] Notching corners Main PCB

      Dremel tool.

      On Jun 6, 2012, at 23:31, "jsternmd@..." <jsternmd@...> wrote:

      How have people notched their main pcb rear corners? I scored through the copper plane with razor knife and then broke the blades tips on my Xcelite wire cutters trying to cut through further. I am thinking of using a nibbler but dont want to crack the PCB in the process. Any suggestions appreciated.

      73 Jerry
      K1JOS

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic