Re: a day off gives me time to write

  • Judy
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2003
      Hi Eric-
      I agree with you about interlibrary loans. I live in south suburban
      Chicago, and I would be lost without it! Welcome aboard! Judy

      --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, Eric Hancock <erich449@y...>
      wrote:
      > I've been a member for a few months now and am just
      > now getting a chance to post. I teach, so Labor Day
      > is a welcome day off and time to say hi.
      > I'm Eric, from the New Orleans area and I teach middle
      > school math and science. I've been seriously reading
      > Trek since my junior year in high school (mid 80s). I
      > stopped just after "Doctor's Orders" by Diane Duane.
      > That seemed to be when a lot of new writers got bought
      > in and all my old favorites seemed to go away. Or
      > maybe it was college that took my attention...
      > Anyway, I've been "back" full time since just before
      > the DS9 relaunch, and I've gone back and made up what
      > I've missed (summers off are gooood). Between a
      > brother-in-law who buys the books right away as they
      > come out and the local library (god bless interlibrary
      > loans), I've caught up. I just delivered a list of 10
      > books to the library to go fetch for me.
      > Marco, GREAT job with the line, it's most of the
      > reason I picked up the books again.
      > KRAD, love the Gorkon, the other stuff kicks as well.
      > I love being able to communicate directly with the
      > authors/editors and the opportunity to tell them how I
      > like things.
      > On that note, Marco, can we get J.M. Dillard to write
      > something BESIDES an adaptation, I miss the early
      > horror themed Trek she wrote.
      >

      > =====
      > "No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

      > http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • mxpalmieri
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2003
        wrote:
        >> Marco, GREAT job with the line, it's most of the
        > reason I picked up the books again.

        That's nice of you to say. Glad to know you're enjoyign the novels.

        > KRAD, love the Gorkon, the other stuff kicks as well.
        > I love being able to communicate directly with the
        > authors/editors and the opportunity to tell them how I
        > like things.
        > On that note, Marco, can we get J.M. Dillard to write
        > something BESIDES an adaptation, I miss the early
        > horror themed Trek she wrote.

        As David has already mentioned, she's been involved with Enterprise
        fiction lately. Beyond that, we'll see. :)

        Marco