a day off gives me time to write

  • Eric Hancock
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
      I've been a member for a few months now and am just
      now getting a chance to post. I teach, so Labor Day
      is a welcome day off and time to say hi.
      I'm Eric, from the New Orleans area and I teach middle
      school math and science. I've been seriously reading
      Trek since my junior year in high school (mid 80s). I
      stopped just after "Doctor's Orders" by Diane Duane.
      That seemed to be when a lot of new writers got bought
      in and all my old favorites seemed to go away. Or
      maybe it was college that took my attention...
      Anyway, I've been "back" full time since just before
      the DS9 relaunch, and I've gone back and made up what
      I've missed (summers off are gooood). Between a
      brother-in-law who buys the books right away as they
      come out and the local library (god bless interlibrary
      loans), I've caught up. I just delivered a list of 10
      books to the library to go fetch for me.
      Marco, GREAT job with the line, it's most of the
      reason I picked up the books again.
      KRAD, love the Gorkon, the other stuff kicks as well.
      I love being able to communicate directly with the
      authors/editors and the opportunity to tell them how I
      like things.
      On that note, Marco, can we get J.M. Dillard to write
      something BESIDES an adaptation, I miss the early
      horror themed Trek she wrote.

      =====
      "No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • psiphiorg
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
        Eric Hancock wrote:
        > On that note, Marco, can we get J.M. Dillard to write
        > something BESIDES an adaptation, I miss the early
        > horror themed Trek she wrote.

        I'm not Marco, but your wish has already been granted. J.M. Dillard
        wrote the original Enterprise novel "Surak's Soul", featuring T'Pol,
        which was published a few months ago.

        davidh
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
          Glad you finally made yourself at home Eric :)

          Jackie

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
            >KRAD, love the Gorkon, the other stuff kicks as well.

            Thanks!

            >On that note, Marco, can we get J.M. Dillard to write
            >something BESIDES an adaptation, I miss the early
            >horror themed Trek she wrote.

            Dillard just put out an original ENTERPRISE novel entitled SURAK'S SOUL
            earlier this year.

            DeCandido.net | AlbeShiloh.com | KRADfanclub.com

            "Try being evil more often. It gets easier."
            ---Brent Sienna, PvP, 2 July 2003
          • Judy
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2, 2003
              Hi Eric-
              I agree with you about interlibrary loans. I live in south suburban
              Chicago, and I would be lost without it! Welcome aboard! Judy

              --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, Eric Hancock <erich449@y...>
              wrote:
              > I've been a member for a few months now and am just
              > now getting a chance to post. I teach, so Labor Day
              > is a welcome day off and time to say hi.
              > I'm Eric, from the New Orleans area and I teach middle
              > school math and science. I've been seriously reading
              > Trek since my junior year in high school (mid 80s). I
              > stopped just after "Doctor's Orders" by Diane Duane.
              > That seemed to be when a lot of new writers got bought
              > in and all my old favorites seemed to go away. Or
              > maybe it was college that took my attention...
              > Anyway, I've been "back" full time since just before
              > the DS9 relaunch, and I've gone back and made up what
              > I've missed (summers off are gooood). Between a
              > brother-in-law who buys the books right away as they
              > come out and the local library (god bless interlibrary
              > loans), I've caught up. I just delivered a list of 10
              > books to the library to go fetch for me.
              > Marco, GREAT job with the line, it's most of the
              > reason I picked up the books again.
              > KRAD, love the Gorkon, the other stuff kicks as well.
              > I love being able to communicate directly with the
              > authors/editors and the opportunity to tell them how I
              > like things.
              > On that note, Marco, can we get J.M. Dillard to write
              > something BESIDES an adaptation, I miss the early
              > horror themed Trek she wrote.
              >

              > =====
              > "No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

              > http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
            • mxpalmieri
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 2, 2003
                wrote:
                >> Marco, GREAT job with the line, it's most of the
                > reason I picked up the books again.

                That's nice of you to say. Glad to know you're enjoyign the novels.

                > KRAD, love the Gorkon, the other stuff kicks as well.
                > I love being able to communicate directly with the
                > authors/editors and the opportunity to tell them how I
                > like things.
                > On that note, Marco, can we get J.M. Dillard to write
                > something BESIDES an adaptation, I miss the early
                > horror themed Trek she wrote.

                As David has already mentioned, she's been involved with Enterprise
                fiction lately. Beyond that, we'll see. :)

                Marco