Book club?

  • Bryna Campbell
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2003
      How bout we have a Star Trek book club here? Like read a Trek book
      every month then discuss. I think we all have big enough collections
      that we can find a books we all have, right? This seem like a good
      idea?
    • Jackie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2003
        --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "Bryna Campbell" <bryna.c@s...>
        wrote:
        > How bout we have a Star Trek book club here? Like read a Trek book
        > every month then discuss. I think we all have big enough
        collections that we can find a books we all have, right? This seem
        like a good idea?

        It is indeed a very good idea Bry but I'm not sure about doing it
        here in this group for a variety of reasons. I don't mean to be a
        pary pooper but the logistics of such a group would be complicated at
        times and could potentially overshadow the primary focus of this
        group. I'll email you offlist to explain further and then we can let
        the whole group know what's been decided.

        Thanks,
        Jackie
      • David Fernau
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2003
          Jackie,

          We could always spin off another group to cover the
          "reading group" part... people could join either, or
          both.

          I'd also be happy to run the Reading Group part, since
          I have been a long-time member of the Beyond Reality
          Reading Group, and they have a system that seems to
          work well. I can give more details if you want.

          --David

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2003
            I'll contact you off list David to discuss it further.
            Thanks!

            Jackie
            --- David Fernau <davidf1966@...> wrote:
            > Jackie,
            >
            > We could always spin off another group to cover the
            > "reading group" part... people could join either, or
            > both.
            >
            > I'd also be happy to run the Reading Group part,
            > since
            > I have been a long-time member of the Beyond Reality
            > Reading Group, and they have a system that seems to
            > work well. I can give more details if you want.
            >
            > --David

            http://sbc.yahoo.com
          • pauline macdonald
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2003
              btw - count me in whatever book club thingy we get up! i'm a voracious
              reader, and have trouble putting down well written books! :) even on
              subsequent readings!
              p.

              --
              Pauline MacDonald - Moncton, NB, Canada