Prometheus

  • royboogie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      To get off subject a minute, it is unfortunate that a member of the
      group has chosen to leave over this issue. It is evident by the
      number of members we have here that we all love Trek, some of us are
      dare I say passionate about it. But let us remember that everyone is
      entitled to his or her opinions. Remember the saying: "To explore
      stange new worlds, to seek out new life and civilizations". This
      applies not only to the physical but the mental universe. I enjoy
      some of the sparring sessions that go on here, but noone should feel
      like they should leave the group because his/her opinion is different.

      Now...to my question. One of the baddest ships I ever saw was on an
      episode of Voyager. The Romulans were trying to hijack it, but the
      doctor and the Holographic doctor of that ship stopped them. The ship
      was called the Prometheus and could separate into 3 different ships
      in times of battle. Has that ship or style of ship appeared anywhere
      else besides that episode?
    • Allyn Gibson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
        On Tuesday, July 01, 2003 royboogie wrote:

        > One of the baddest ships I ever saw was on an episode of
        > Voyager. The Romulans were trying to hijack it, but the
        > doctor and the Holographic doctor of that ship stopped
        > them. The ship was called the Prometheus and could separate
        > into 3 different ships in times of battle. Has that ship or
        > style of ship appeared anywhere else besides that episode?

        Admiral Ross's flagship in the post-finale DS9 novels is of the
        Prometheus class.

        I recall that, after the airing of the episode, John Ordover stated on
        the Pocket Books Star Trek BBS that he was thinking of replacing the
        Excalibur in New Frontier (then still a very new series) with a
        Prometheus-class vessel, which led to speculation around the time of
        RESTORATION that Shelby's USS Trident would be Prometheus-class.

        I imagine there's a USS Fluffy out there somewhere....

        I'd like to see Riker's Titan turn out to be a Prometheus.

        Allyn http://www.allyngibson.net
        AIM: mknzycalhn ICQ: 4342396

        Language is a lie. Yes! Language itself. A stone is a stone, the
        word 'stone' is not a stone, it is a token, a linguistic banknote
        that we exchange to indicate the idea of a stone. It saves us the
        trouble of having to haul one out of the ground to show our
        interlocutor what we mean.
        -- Stephen Fry, "Paperweight"