"The Eugenics Wars..Volume Two.."

  • Michael Dionne
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8 7:17 AM
      This is my first posting to the group ala a book review and BOY is it a doozeee! Just finished the second volume of Greg Cox's "The Eugenics Wars" and all I can say is WOW! Worth every penny I paid for it at WalMart!
      Its ironic that the pbk edition would come out on sale as We are at war with our own version of Khan,Saddam Hussein. Thank gods he's just a plain ol human!
      You WILL need to read Volume One to get through this one but if you enjoyed the TOS episodes "Assignment:Earth" and "Space Seed" and ever wondered about the events in Trek history related to Gary Seven,Roberta Lincoln and Khan ,then these books are for you. Cox's story is well crafted and has enough current events from '90s intertwined to keep reader interest. But I think Greg is promising a third volume? He ends Volume Two with an afternote that its nine years until Shaun Christopher lands on Saturn,so maybe He'll write of the events leading to Archer's time next? Wait n see. But BY ALL MEANS,get this book!
      Michael

    • julianbaischir
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 8 8:25 AM
        --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Dionne"
        <cwbybear@h...> wrote:
        But I think Greg is promising a third volume? He ends Volume Two with
        an afternote that its nine years until Shaun Christopher lands on
        Saturn,so maybe He'll write of the events leading to Archer's time
        next?

        My understanding is that Volume Three will more or less be Khan's
        diary of the events on Ceti Alpha V after the departure of the
        Enterprise. The explosion of Ceti Alpha VI and the death of Marla
        McGivers being a couple of high points in the upcoming novel. When I
        see Greg at Shore Leave this year, I'll ask him. Unless of course,
        he provides an answer beforehand :-)

        De
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 8 8:35 AM
          --- julianbaischir <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "Michael
          > Dionne"
          > <cwbybear@h...> wrote:
          > But I think Greg is promising a third volume? He
          > ends Volume Two with an afternote that its nine
          years until Shaun Christopher lands on Saturn,so maybe
          He'll write of the events leading to Archer's time
          > next?
          >
          > My understanding is that Volume Three will more or
          > less be Khan's diary of the events on Ceti Alpha V
          after the departure of the Enterprise. The explosion
          of Ceti Alpha VI and the death of Marla McGivers being
          a couple of high points in the upcoming novel. When I

          > see Greg at Shore Leave this year, I'll ask him.
          >Unless of course, he provides an answer beforehand
          :-)

          > De

          I've heard the same thing. Someone posted a question
          a while back at the TrekBBS and Greg responded that it
          wasn't really a third volume but a stand alone story.

          Michael, since you obviously enjoyed Eugenics Wars (I
          loved them too) if you haven't already read it, I
          would highly recommend "Assignment Earth" by Greg Cox.
          It too features Gary Seven and Roberta Lincoln and a
          mention of Khan toward the end of that book was the
          inspiration for the Eugenics Wars novels.

          http://tax.yahoo.com
        • Michael Dionne
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 8 9:06 AM
            Yep Jackie Ive read that one forgot all a about it Wish could come to Shore Leave and meet all of yall
            > But I think Greg is promising a third volume? He
            > ends Volume Two with an afternote that its nine
            years until Shaun Christopher lands on Saturn,so maybe
            He'll write of the events leading to Archer's time
            > next?
            >
            > My understanding is that Volume Three will more or
            > less be Khan's diary of the events on Ceti Alpha V
            after the departure of the Enterprise. The explosion
            of Ceti Alpha VI and the death of Marla McGivers being
            a couple of high points in the upcoming novel. When I

            > see Greg at Shore Leave this year, I'll ask him.
            >Unless of course, he provides an answer beforehand
            :-)

            > De

            I've heard the same thing. Someone posted a question
            a while back at the TrekBBS and Greg responded that it
            wasn't really a third volume but a stand alone story.

            Michael, since you obviously enjoyed Eugenics Wars (I
            loved them too) if you haven't already read it, I
            would highly recommend "Assignment Earth" by Greg Cox.
            It too features Gary Seven and Roberta Lincoln and a
            mention of Khan toward the end of that book was the
            inspiration for the Eugenics Wars novels.

            http://tax.yahoo.com

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 8 9:08 AM
              >But I think Greg is promising a third volume?

              Sort of. Greg is presently working on TO REIGN IN HELL, which is a book
              that chronicles Khan's time on Ceti Alpha between the end of "Space Seed"
              and the beginning of THE WRATH OF KHAN.

              DeCandido.net | AlbeShiloh.com | KRADfanclub.com

              "Yeah, yeah. I'm sure Cub fans can spin it all they want with how many
              pennants they've won. But if your resume says you last won a WS in 1908,
              three years before Ronald Reagan was born, then you don't have much to talk
              about at cocktail parties."
              ---Kenneth Shouler, 14 March 2003