Gateways......Oh crap/spoilers for #5

  • Miss V
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2003
      Hi folks;

      I just finished the fifth Gateways, you know the Voyager one. I normally
      ONLY read the Voyager books in these kinds of series, BUT I just finished
      it, and it leaves with Chakotay saying, "She's gone." meaning Captain
      Janeway of course. Is there a second Voyager book in the Gateway series?
      Where does it pickup with Janeway again??
      Miss V

    • kes_corner <voyagerbooks@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2003
        You need to get gateways book 7 to read the rest of the story.

        I still say that it would have been a much better idea for the whole
        story to be in one book.

        I don't no the why pocket doing it the way thay did, but wished they
        hadn't. Gateway book 5 was great and the ending is just as good but
        it would have been better to keep it in one book.

        --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "Miss V" <cptauntvicki@h...>

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2003
          Each of the Gateways books was left with a cliffhanger
          ending. To read the conclusion to each, and to get
          resolution to the overall story you have to read the
          seventh book, "What Lay Beyond".

          If you're not reading the entire series, just certain
          books, then I wouldn't bother buying it. (There's only
          the one DS9 story worth rereading) You could easily
          read the conclusion to the Voyager one at the
          bookstore or library.

          Jackie

          --- Miss V <cptauntvicki@...> wrote:
          > Hi folks;
          >
          > I just finished the fifth Gateways, you know the
          > Voyager one. I normally
          > ONLY read the Voyager books in these kinds of
          > series, BUT I just finished
          > it, and it leaves with Chakotay saying, "She's
          > gone." meaning Captain
          > Janeway of course. Is there a second Voyager book in
          > the Gateway series?
          > Where does it pickup with Janeway again??
          > Miss V

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/
        • Dawn
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 28, 2003
            Marketing my dear girl, marketing.
            "kes_corner <voyagerbooks@...>" <voyagerbooks@...> wrote:You need to get gateways book 7 to read the rest of the story.

            I still say that it would have been a much better idea for the whole
            story to be in one book.

            I don't no the why pocket doing it the way thay did, but wished they
            hadn't. Gateway book 5 was great and the ending is just as good but
            it would have been better to keep it in one book.

            Putting aside the seeming absurdity of an inquiry into why atoms don't collapse, the question raises serious mathematical issues in quantum mechanics and field theory. There's nothing in the classical laws of dynamics and electromagnetism to prevent orbiting electrons from spiraling inward to a nuclear doom. -The Stability of Matter:RICHARD LIPKIN