Re: [Star Trek Books] What tickled your funny bone?

  • Jackie
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 4, 2002
      I've been waiting for someone to bring up New Frontier--lot's of
      great humorous moments in those books. One of my favorites is Kebron
      declaring the cell on Thallon a Federation Embassy.

      Jackie
    • Staci Hapdock
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 4, 2002
        And of course Burgy telling Mark that s/he was pregnant.
        And my fave from the NF books so far - when Sela said, "I've always wanted to say this: Fire at Will!" I've always gotten a giggle every time someone said that, wondering why everyone was so mad at Will. lol

        Jackie <msferengi@...> wrote:I've been waiting for someone to bring up New Frontier--lot's of
        great humorous moments in those books. One of my favorites is Kebron
        declaring the cell on Thallon a Federation Embassy.

      • Tom
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 4, 2002
          --- In startrekbooks@y..., "Jackie" <msferengi@y...> wrote:
          > I've been waiting for someone to bring up New Frontier--lot's of
          > great humorous moments in those books. One of my favorites is
          Kebron
          > declaring the cell on Thallon a Federation Embassy.
          >
          > Jackie

          Yeah, that was pretty good...I also liked scene in Calhoun's quarters
          where everyone and their uncle came by, either to search for Selar's
          kid or talk to the captain right after he and Shelby had finished up
          their matrimonial duties. I think that was in the New Frontier
          Gateways book, wasn't it?

          The first two DS9 Mission: Gamma books had some great stuff in them -
          Admiral Akaar's search for Vaughn's quarters on Deep Space Nine, the
          Klingon bodice ripper and the poker game were all pretty funny.

          Tom
          http://www.dsnine-relaunch.cjb.net/
        • Staci Hapdock
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 4, 2002
            And I can't remember what book it was in, but the mention of Bashir reading Garak's 'letter' was both funny, and a nice touch continuity-wise.

            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 5, 2002
              That Fire At Will line takes me back to the late
              1960's at the State YMCA Summer Camp I was at (Which
              had the poorest excuse for a library I'd seen then &
              since!). There was a guy in my Archery Class whose
              name was will & every day the instructer would say
              Fire At Will & who ever had the loaded bow would turn
              & seek out Will(Of Course this was all done in jest &
              the bow was pointed to the ground.)to fire at him &
              he'd say No, Not Me, The Target. Was a good daily
              chuckle for my 2 wk. stay at the Camp. Don H. P.S.
              Sorry about the off topic, but, wanted to share.

              http://mailplus.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 5, 2002
                Hi, Jackie, I'd forgottten the New Frontier Series as
                I've not read any lately as I can't get my hands on
                them even Interlibrary loan, But, I do rember Kebron &
                the Embassy scene. Don H.

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com
              • Steve McMullan <turtleman86@yahoo.com>
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 9, 2002
                  Hello all,
                  I've been a member here for about 2 months but this is my first post.

                  I was just re-reading "The Heart of the Warrior" by John Gregory
                  Betancourt, and found this passage un-intentionally hillarious given
                  the future of the Dax symbiont:

                  Sisko says "Dax, sometimes I think you should have been a
                  psychiatrist."

                  Dax made a face. "Thats so boring"

                  Also Peter Davids "Strike Zone" is a riot from start to finish.

                  From "It is cosmically unjust that my first officer has more hair on
                  his chin than I do on my entire head" to "Remarkably Stupid Weapon.
                  Do Not Use."