Re: [Star Trek Books] Congrats Jackie!

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2002
      I wish :( I would have been happy with a free copy of
      something. Seriously though I didn't expect to but it
      was exciting when John Ordover told me.

      BTW-Betting you'll love Battle of Betazed.

      Jackie

      --- od0_ital <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > Hey Jackie - saw The Eugenics War paperback at
      > Wal-Mart today, didn't
      > buy it, but I did see it. And while looking it
      > over, I saw that your
      > review for it has been quoted on the back cover.
      > Very cool.
      >
      > You getting paid for it? ;-)
      >
      > Some other good news, after a week, I finally got a
      > copy of The
      > Battle of Betazed! Woo Hoo!
      >
      > Tom
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/deepspacenineavatar

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
    • pherretgrrl
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 8, 2002
        *sigh* I guess Wal-marts carrying the Star Trek Books must not be a
        National thing. I've been to all 4 Walmarts in my area, and Narry a
        one has had a Star Trek book. The only Wal-mart that I've ever seen
        a ST book in was in Wasilla Alaska. And since I don't think the Trip
        from the Midwest to Alaska would pay for the savings of $2-3.
        Someday My walmart will have more than devotional and romance
        novels. Two intresting categories to put together if I say so....

        PherretGrrl
      • Dierna Lincoln
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 8, 2002
          Eh don't worry...Just be glad u have that many
          Wal-mart's in your area!!....The closest one to me is
          in Puyallup which is like 15-20 minutes
          away....Hopefully when the new Lakewood Mall..oops I
          mean Lakewood Towne Center*rolls eyes* opens this
          summer there'll be a Wal-Mart...Maybe if all the
          K-Mart's in the area close up???...*L*....The 2
          Wal-Marts in the area*one is at least 30 minutes drive
          from here* well they have only carry books that have
          been out for a year...I go to Half-Price Books for old
          trek books....for new ones...well K-Mart don't even
          have em....Don't even know if Target has trek
          books...I don't even go in there due to the Barnes and
          Noble Book Store *L*....Now THEY hae trek books....but
          they never have the ones Im looking for!....I went in
          there the other day and frell they didn't even have
          "Battle For Betazed"!....I'd probably have to go all
          the way to the Tacoma Mall to get the book...or I can
          just order it online.... Half.com has it for $7.28 and
          that's including S/H!......It's about the same price
          if u get it at Amazon.com...which is unusual for
          half.com where I've seen trek books for like 20
          cents...that's not counting tax tho...with tax it
          would be $2.50*that's the best price for Spock,
          Messiah there..altho I got it at half the original
          cover price at half price books* *L*

          Dierna Dex Soul P. Lincoln
          ---------

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 8, 2002
            Perhaps I should have been more descriptive, Granted there are 4
            wally worlds, but they are equally far away, about 1/2 hour to 45 min
            depending on traffic. I love living in the middle of everything :P

            Pherret