Re: [Star Trek Books] Welcome Newbies

  • Dierna Lincoln
    Message 1 of 28 , Apr 1, 2002
      Actually Im not new it's just that for some reason I
      was getting emails from this list in another email
      addy I have....I don't use that addy for egroups so I
      joined up with my egroups addy....I wasn't even paying
      attention to what was going on at the other addy...I
      just kept deleting the emails because Im on another
      books mailing list and was thinking that that one was
      being sent to 2 addresses....that is untill I realized
      that it wasn't *lol* To be honest I don't even
      remember singing up for this group in the first
      place...*shrugs*...Oh well *L*...I just checked the
      members list...oi....could u delete member
      admlincoln?? That's me but I don't even have a yahoo
      group thing with that account....hrm...

      The last trek book I read was "A Hard Rain"...I'll be
      getting "Battle of Betazed" when I get paid in a
      couple weeks. I'd beg my mom for it but I already owe
      her $8.00 for an historical fantasy novel I wanted.

      Dierna Dex Soul P. Lincoln
      http://greetings.yahoo.com/
    • Jackie
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 25, 2003
        I'd like to welcome the following new members to our little corner of
        the web:

        madtrekker_cjs
        daliles
        rabarcao
        jabriol2000
        anaxileaprofile
        kendawgyk
        cardassianfire
        cousinaurora
        thevoid25
        karnesky
        ccgreenman

        When you've got a minute please tell us a little about what you've
        been reading, been wanting to read etc. I hope you'll enjoy our
        family of readers!

        Jackie (aka msferengi)
      • jabriol
        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 26, 2003
          Thank You,

          I am a picky ST book fan..

          for example I wont read DS9 books.. standalone

          --- Jackie <msferengi@...> wrote:
          > I'd like to welcome the following new members to our
          > little corner of
          > the web:
          >
          > madtrekker_cjs
          > daliles
          > rabarcao
          > jabriol2000
          > anaxileaprofile
          > kendawgyk
          > cardassianfire
          > cousinaurora
          > thevoid25
          > karnesky
          > ccgreenman
          >
          > When you've got a minute please tell us a little
          > about what you've
          > been reading, been wanting to read etc. I hope
          > you'll enjoy our
          > family of readers!
          >
          > Jackie (aka msferengi)

          http://platinum.yahoo.com
        • April Payne
          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 26, 2003
            Welcome aboard, Jabriol. And don't feel alone in your pickiness. I only read TOS novels. And none too many lately, lol.
            April
            jabriol <jabriol2000@...> wrote:Thank You,

            --- Jackie <msferengi@...> wrote:
            > I'd like to welcome the following new members to our
            > little corner of
            > the web:
            >
            > madtrekker_cjs
            > daliles
            > rabarcao
            > jabriol2000
            > anaxileaprofile
            > kendawgyk
            > cardassianfire
            > cousinaurora
            > thevoid25
            > karnesky
            > ccgreenman
            >
            > When you've got a minute please tell us a little
            > about what you've
            > been reading, been wanting to read etc. I hope
            > you'll enjoy our
            > family of readers!
            >
            > Jackie (aka msferengi)

            http://platinum.yahoo.com

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
            var lrec_target="_top";var lrec_URL = new Array();lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245327.3095115.4417700.1612068/D=egroupweb/S=1705983607:HM/A=1430287/R=0/id=flashurl/*http://www.poetry.com/contest/contest.asp?Suite=A33405";var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)";var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/1-/flash/intl_library_of_poetry/yahoo_300x250.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245327.3095115.4417700.1612068/D=egroupweb/S=1705983607:HM/A=1430287/R=1/id=altimgurl/*http://www.poetry.com/contest/contest.asp?Suite=A33405";var lrec_altimg = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/1-/flash/intl_library_of_poetry/yahoo_300x250.gif";var lrec_width = 300;var lrec_height = 250;

            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 26, 2003
              As picky as you guys are, I'm just the other way, I'll read any ST novel I can get my grubby hands on. But in the 2 libraries I frequent the pickings are VERYSLIM, to non exsistant. Got to run. see you guys later. Oh, By the way, Welcome to the new "kids" on the block. Don H.(A.K.A. The Flash)

              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 26, 2003
                --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, jabriol <jabriol2000@y...>
                wrote:
                > Thank You,
                >
                > I am a picky ST book fan..
                >
                > for example I wont read DS9 books.. standalone

                I take it you mean the DS9 relaunch novels. The majority of the
                books set during the series are stand alones. Have you sampled many
                trek novels? And which have you enjoyed?

                Jackie
              • jabriol
                Message 7 of 28 , Mar 26, 2003
                  --- Jackie <msferengi@...> wrote:
                  > --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, jabriol
                  > <jabriol2000@y...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > Thank You,
                  > >
                  > > I am a picky ST book fan..
                  > >
                  > > for example I wont read DS9 books.. standalone
                  >
                  > I take it you mean the DS9 relaunch novels.

                  nah any ds9 book... I like ds9... and read a few
                  books, but I lost interest when they ended the series
                  and no movies for the future... same goes for
                  voyagers.. I do like the excaliburs adventures and I
                  hope they keep on starfleet corp of engineers

                  http://platinum.yahoo.com
                • Jackie
                  Message 8 of 28 , May 28 10:00 PM
                    I'd like to welcome the following new members to our little family of
                    readers:

                    daiglem2003
                    stevezilla2002
                    themidnightchild
                    samiam46732
                    budbaja12002
                    cheevd
                    zerosun666

                    Pull up a keyboard and make yourselves at home! When you've got a
                    moment I hope you'll jump in and tell us about what you enjoy reading
                    and what you're reading at the moment.

                    Jackie (aka msferengi)
                  • Patrick Weber
                    Message 9 of 28 , May 28 10:04 PM
                      I'm reading Rising Son at the moment - I've been going through all the DS9
                      relaunch books. GOD, "Unity" needs to come out, and soon!

                      - Pat Weber

                      I'd like to welcome the following new members to our little family of
                      readers:

                      daiglem2003
                      stevezilla2002
                      themidnightchild
                      samiam46732
                      budbaja12002
                      cheevd
                      zerosun666

                      Pull up a keyboard and make yourselves at home! When you've got a
                      moment I hope you'll jump in and tell us about what you enjoy reading
                      and what you're reading at the moment.

                      Jackie (aka msferengi)

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    • Rick Rattie
                      Message 10 of 28 , May 28 10:05 PM
                        Jackie:

                        Please take down the books I have for sale listed on yahoo.
                        There has not been any sales of them for charity in nearly 4 months.

                        Rick

                        Message 11 of 28 , May 28 10:21 PM
                          Will do Rick.

                          Jackie

                          --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Rattie" <rick2646@t...>
                          wrote:
                          > Jackie:
                          >
                          > Please take down the books I have for sale listed on yahoo.
                          > There has not been any sales of them for charity in nearly 4 months.
                          >
                          > Rick
                        • Jackie
                          Message 12 of 28 , May 28 10:27 PM
                            While you are waiting for "Unity" are you planning on reading the DS9
                            anthology "Prophecy and Change"? It should be out in September.

                            Jackie

                            --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Weber" <pat@u...>
                            wrote:
                            > I'm reading Rising Son at the moment - I've been going through all
                            the DS9
                            > relaunch books. GOD, "Unity" needs to come out, and soon!
                            >
                            > - Pat Weber
                          • April Payne

                                  Message 16 of 28 , May 29 6:39 PM
                                    Oh, absolutely. If it says "Deep Space Nine", or "Peter David", I'm there,
                                    man.

                                    - Pat

                                    wrote:
                                    > I'm reading Rising Son at the moment - I've been going through all
                                    the DS9
                                    > relaunch books. GOD, "Unity" needs to come out, and soon!
                                    >
                                    > - Pat Weber

                                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                  • Jackie
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jun 26, 2003
                                      I would like to welcome the newest members of our family of readers:

                                      case_weaver
                                      jaguar2112
                                      trek52660
                                      kaitlia777
                                      beakerbloke
                                      snikpoh_nhoj
                                      stevenpugsley

                                      Please pull up a keyboard and make yourselves at home. I hope
                                      you'll take the time to tell us about what you enjoy reading and
                                      what you've read lately. Be sure to take advantage of some of the
                                      groups features: the database has a listing of trek books by
                                      series, the links page has some great sites(please feel free to add
                                      any you would like to share), and the files section has some
                                      interesting things including a listing of the 2003 release schedule
                                      and a place where members can list books they are looking to trade
                                      or sell but please keep these transactions offlist.

                                      We'll be shortly trying to find a new chat time that suits more
                                      members, but for the time being we chat on Sundays between 7-9pm
                                      eastern. Please remember to use spoiler space and a spoiler warning
                                      in the subject line if you want to start a discussion of the plot of
                                      any books published within the past year as not everyone may have
                                      had the opportunity to read them yet.

                                      Thanks,
                                      Jackie (aka msferengi)
                                    • Glasshousejohn
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jun 26, 2003
                                        Hi and thanks for the welcome. My Yahoo ID is not my 'known' tag as this
                                        message will show.

                                        I've not read many Trek Books but I do enjoy them. I'm not keen on the ones
                                        about TOS. I've also got quite a few computer games and tech manuals. Also
                                        I collected the entire collection of The Star Trek Files.

                                        Regards
                                        John H
                                        www.certacito.net
                                        > I would like to welcome the newest members of our family of readers:
                                        >
                                        > case_weaver
                                        > jaguar2112
                                        > trek52660
                                        > kaitlia777
                                        > beakerbloke
                                        > snikpoh_nhoj
                                        > stevenpugsley
                                        >
                                        > Please pull up a keyboard and make yourselves at home. I hope
                                        > you'll take the time to tell us about what you enjoy reading and
                                        > what you've read lately. Be sure to take advantage of some of the
                                        > groups features: the database has a listing of trek books by
                                        > series, the links page has some great sites(please feel free to add
                                        > any you would like to share), and the files section has some
                                        > interesting things including a listing of the 2003 release schedule
                                        > and a place where members can list books they are looking to trade
                                        > or sell but please keep these transactions offlist.
                                        >
                                        > We'll be shortly trying to find a new chat time that suits more
                                        > members, but for the time being we chat on Sundays between 7-9pm
                                        > eastern. Please remember to use spoiler space and a spoiler warning
                                        > in the subject line if you want to start a discussion of the plot of
                                        > any books published within the past year as not everyone may have
                                        > had the opportunity to read them yet.
                                        >
                                        > Thanks,
                                        > Jackie (aka msferengi)

                                      • April Payne

                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jul 7, 2003
                                            I'd like to welcome the following new members to our family of
                                            readers:

                                            frobinius2002
                                            apacer
                                            jdurdan
                                            flyingsquirrel234

                                            Pull up a keyboard and make yourselves at home. Perhaps when you've
                                            got a moment you'd like to tell us about what you like to read.

                                            Be sure to take advantage of the group features, like the database of
                                            titles and the links page.

                                            Jackie (aka msferengi)
                                          • Jackie
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Jul 30, 2003
                                              I'd like to welcome the latest editions to our group:

                                              freespirit_writer
                                              ferhiga
                                              taranatar65
                                              tzintzinatty_kid

                                              Please make yourselves at home and tell us what you've been reading.

                                              Jackie (aka msferengi)
                                            • April Payne

                                                Message 23 of 28 , Jul 30, 2003
                                                  --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "Jackie"
                                                  <msferengi@y...> wrote:
                                                  > I'd like to welcome the latest editions to our group:
                                                  >
                                                  > freespirit_writer
                                                  > ferhiga
                                                  > taranatar65
                                                  > tzintzinatty_kid
                                                  >
                                                  > Please make yourselves at home and tell us what you've been
                                                  reading.

                                                  > Jackie (aka msferengi)

                                                  Thanks for the welcome. I really like the DS9 relaunch novels.
                                                  The Left Hand of Destiny books are my favorites. Eagerly
                                                  awaiting "Unity".

                                                  Paul (Tarantar65)
                                                • Jackie
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Aug 21, 2003
                                                    I'd like to formally acknowledge the arrival of a few newish members
                                                    and/or returning members. I know I've had a chance to say howdy to
                                                    some but to those I haven't welcome to:

                                                    bahiasartima
                                                    michael_tm_collins
                                                    intergalacticbookworm
                                                    kirkm5computer

                                                    I hope you'll find yourselves at home in our little family of readers.

                                                    Jackie (aka msferengi)

                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Nov 17, 2003
                                                          I'd like to welcome the following new members to our family of
                                                          readers:

                                                          comixpool
                                                          groseliavermelha
                                                          sweetmaddy_13
                                                          thorleywinston

                                                          I hope that when you've got a minute you'll introduce yourselves and
                                                          tell us about what you've been reading. Be sure to take advantage of
                                                          the groups features such as the database to Star Trek book titles and
                                                          the links page to some helpful websites. And of course the biggest
                                                          advantage of all is to be able to ask questions of the authors and
                                                          editors.

                                                          Jackie (aka msferengi)