"No Time Like the Past" by Greg Cox - A brief review

  • writer021a
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21, 2014
      I recently had the pleasure of reading Greg Cox's latest foray into Star Trek, "No Time Like the Past". Although billed as a TOS novel, it is more accurate to say that it is a TOS / VGR novel.

      I know what you're thinking - "How the blazes could they pull that off without totally mucking up history?"

      Mr. Cox managed, with grace and the skilled hand of a true Trek author, to bring Seven of Nine into the 23rd Century, where she ends up working with none other than the crew of the Enterprise!  And all without mucking up the timelines.

      In fact, I'm wishing this book could've been made into a TV movie. It was a hell of a read, and I couldn't put it down, except when fatigue overcame me, and caffeine just wasn't doing the job anymore.

      I also had my wife buy a copy of this book for her Kindle, and I'm eager to hear what she thinks of the story.

      Check out this novel, people! I strongly, forcefully, recommend it! You won't be sorry!

      Camren T. Burton
      writer021@...
    • Linda Wrage
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 22, 2014
        This book is definitely on my 'to read' list. As soon as I read the blurb for this book, I knew I wanted to buy it. I have really been a fan of Greg Cox's other Star Trek novels.

        Linda W.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 22, 2014
          I'm about 2/3 of the way through this one, and I also can't put it down--unfortunately, I only get to read it late at night when everything else is done! I stick pretty strictly to TOS, but this book is nevertheless easy to follow and understand. I'm enjoying it immensely.

          Strider

          "They say that every man has a price at which he'll do anything. I like to think it's the other way around; every man has a line, a line he won't cross over, no matter what the cost."

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 22, 2014
            I really enjoyed this one too, it's an interesting "crossover" story.

            I've been reading several TOS books where they go "otherwhere & otherwhen"--
            Windows on a Lost World
            Abode of Life
            Chain of Attack
            Final Nexus (just finished -- really agree with a reviewer's alert that it's
            best to read Chain first so Nexus really makes more sense!)

            An enjoyable ride, still catching my breath!

            Can't Decide what to read next (i.e. start tomorrow!) -- I figure I'll
            either stick to TOS with Disinherited or move on to the Lost Era.

            Unless someone has a suggestion *tonight* for another along the theme of the
            above list??

            So many (delicious) decisions!