THE SHOCKS OF ADVERSITY by William Leisner

  • Linda Wrage
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2013
       I just finished reading THE SHOCKS OF ADVERSITY by William Leisner. I really LOVED this book. The main focus of this novel was Kirk and the tough decisions that a starship captain must make for the safety of his ship and crew. (But other crew members were also given quite a lot of focus as well, especially McCoy and Spock of course. But Sulu, Chekov, Uhura and Scotty also had strong parts in the novel.) I really thought the characters were well done and believeable. For me this book was really a page turner. A good solid story with enough action and conflict to keep it interesting. I enjoyed it so much that I really hated to see it end.  This is a book that I would read again some time.

      Linda W.

    • Linda Wrage
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 2013
        I forgot to mention that Christine Chapel also gets a good subplot in this story. :)

        Linda W.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 8, 2013
          Linda, did you send the "first version" -- 'cause it didn't make it through
          to me, at least!
          Just curious....

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 8, 2013
            Aaargh! nevermind.

            I see it on the website (they are making it easier to see group messages --
            a couple of days ago it was *hopeless*) -- no idea why it didn't get through
            to me.

            But Yahoo has been doing some funny stuff lately -- forcing their
            group-members to be Beta -- maybe that should be Alpha -- testers for their
            new un-improved system.