Re: [Star Trek Books] A C Crispin says goodbye.

  • David Fernau
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2013
      I offered a short farewell here.

      http://www.otherwheregazette.com/2013/09/04/a-farewell-from-star-trek-author-ann-crispin/

      On 9/4/2013 12:29 AM, Brenda Zimmerlee wrote:

      If you've read one or two of her books you will be as sad as I am to read this message from her:

      http://www.startrek.com/article/ann-crispin-says-goodbye

    • writer021a
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2013
        I am truly saddened to hear of Ms. Crispin's illness, and wish her remaining time to be painless.

        I too enjoyed her Star Trek novels, and the Han Solo trilogy she wrote in the mid-1990s. It seamlessly tied together threads from many other Star Wars novels, both recent and long-time produced, such as Brian Daley's Han Solo Adventure trilogy and L. Neil Smith's Lando Calrissian trilogy. As a big continuity buff, her Star Wars novels are among my favorites.

        This is a talented lady, and the world will be diminished when she passes.

        Camren T. Burton
        Star Trek and Star Wars fan
        writer021@...
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 6, 2013
          Yes, this is really sad.

          I enjoyed her "Yesterday" books -- both print & audio -- so much.

          I think I'll wander over & see what I might have missed of her books -- a
          couple of Trek, probably, and maybe I'll look in at the Starbridge series,
          they look like fun. (if I can tear myself away from Trek for a bit)