Re: A C Crispin says goodbye.

  • April_Anastasia
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2013
      Wow, I had no idea she was ill.

      ~april

      "I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once!"
    • David Fernau
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2013
        I offered a short farewell here.

        http://www.otherwheregazette.com/2013/09/04/a-farewell-from-star-trek-author-ann-crispin/

        On 9/4/2013 12:29 AM, Brenda Zimmerlee wrote:

        If you've read one or two of her books you will be as sad as I am to read this message from her:

        http://www.startrek.com/article/ann-crispin-says-goodbye

      • writer021a
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2013
          I am truly saddened to hear of Ms. Crispin's illness, and wish her remaining time to be painless.

          I too enjoyed her Star Trek novels, and the Han Solo trilogy she wrote in the mid-1990s. It seamlessly tied together threads from many other Star Wars novels, both recent and long-time produced, such as Brian Daley's Han Solo Adventure trilogy and L. Neil Smith's Lando Calrissian trilogy. As a big continuity buff, her Star Wars novels are among my favorites.

          This is a talented lady, and the world will be diminished when she passes.

          Camren T. Burton
          Star Trek and Star Wars fan
          writer021@...
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 6, 2013
            Yes, this is really sad.

            I enjoyed her "Yesterday" books -- both print & audio -- so much.

            I think I'll wander over & see what I might have missed of her books -- a
            couple of Trek, probably, and maybe I'll look in at the Starbridge series,
            they look like fun. (if I can tear myself away from Trek for a bit)