Re: [Star Trek Books] A C Crispin says goodbye.

  • Andrew Brown
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2013

      Ah, no. That's awful news. I love her Trek books.

      Andy

      On 2013-09-04 3:29 AM, "Brenda Zimmerlee" <brenzi1425@...> wrote:

      If you've read one or two of her books you will be as sad as I am to read this message from her:

      http://www.startrek.com/article/ann-crispin-says-goodbye

    • April_Anastasia
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2013
        Wow, I had no idea she was ill.

        ~april

        "I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once!"
      • David Fernau
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2013
          I offered a short farewell here.

          http://www.otherwheregazette.com/2013/09/04/a-farewell-from-star-trek-author-ann-crispin/

          On 9/4/2013 12:29 AM, Brenda Zimmerlee wrote:

          If you've read one or two of her books you will be as sad as I am to read this message from her:

          http://www.startrek.com/article/ann-crispin-says-goodbye

        • writer021a
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2013
            I am truly saddened to hear of Ms. Crispin's illness, and wish her remaining time to be painless.

            I too enjoyed her Star Trek novels, and the Han Solo trilogy she wrote in the mid-1990s. It seamlessly tied together threads from many other Star Wars novels, both recent and long-time produced, such as Brian Daley's Han Solo Adventure trilogy and L. Neil Smith's Lando Calrissian trilogy. As a big continuity buff, her Star Wars novels are among my favorites.

            This is a talented lady, and the world will be diminished when she passes.

            Camren T. Burton
            Star Trek and Star Wars fan
            writer021@...
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 6, 2013
              Yes, this is really sad.

              I enjoyed her "Yesterday" books -- both print & audio -- so much.

              I think I'll wander over & see what I might have missed of her books -- a
              couple of Trek, probably, and maybe I'll look in at the Starbridge series,
              they look like fun. (if I can tear myself away from Trek for a bit)