Cold Equations -- a few interim thoughts...

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2013
      I'm about halfway through #2 of this trilogy and have to take a break &
      catch my breath sometimes because it can get *too damned exciting* --
      though that certainly helps my exercycle efforts. :-)

      Book One has quite a bit of character background/development that some may
      find goes on a bit too much (& I won't spoil it by telling you who) but I
      found interesting; it made sense, too, when I considered what I might
      do/feel in similar circumstances -- well, as similar as anything in *my*
      life could ever be. IOW it didn't come off like "where did *that* come
      from?" Human nature & so on; emotional, *driven* responses....
      I think we've all known or read about real people like that.

      I was sorry to lose one of our newer characters.
      Some people just have bad luck with Romance.

      Book Two brings old "friends", as well as Old Friends, back into play, adds
      some interesting new characters, and continues some of the twists from Book
      One.

      I *love* Chen's Big Bluff scene!
      (I really don't want to play poker against her!)

      On the whole, a lotta fun and an eye-popping good time!
      Thanks to David Mack for a great read.

      The Kindle version is currently priced @ 99 cents each (has been for a
      while, though I got them before it went down to that).

      According to one of the reviews, I should (have) read a certain other book
      first -- well, I guess I'll just have to circle back, maybe after I finish
      Book Two and before I tackle the Grand Finale (? - is it ever, with ST --
      will there be more???).

      Any thoughts?