New Enterprise books

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 26, 2013
      I see ST Enterprise: Rise of the Federation is recently out & looks
      interesting.

      Should I read some particular previous STE books first?
      I'm not really in the mood for the Romulan War but...if I have to I will.
      Anything else?
      bj
    • Linda Wrage
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 27, 2013
        I as wondering about that book too. I've read all the Enterprise books up to The Romulan War books. I would be interested in hearing what other people have to say about the Romulan War books.

        Linda W.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 27, 2013
          Rise of the federation seems very interesting and I'm planning to read it but I won't be able to answer to your question as I'm planning to read all the Entreprise books up to it. For the moment my next book to read in the Entreprise serie is Kobayashi Maru.
          Spocky

          --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "bj" <bjones44@...> wrote:

          > I see ST Enterprise: Rise of the Federation is recently out & looks
          > interesting.
          >
          > Should I read some particular previous STE books first?
          > I'm not really in the mood for the Romulan War but...if I have to I will.
          > Anything else?
          > bj

        • Trevor
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 29, 2013
            --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, Linda Wrage <LINWRAGE@...> wrote:

            > I as wondering about that book too. I've read all the Enterprise books up to The Romulan War books. I would be interested in hearing what other people have to say about the Romulan War books.
            >
            > Linda W.

            With "Rise Of The Federation", even though I haven't red it yet, I'm assuming the it's setting up both Gene Roddenberry's Trek universe that was started in 1964, and the J.J. Abrams universe of 2009, and the possible reasons for the different universes.

            Saying that, it would be a good idea if before reading you were caught up on all the Enterprise books released since "The Good That Men Do" back in 2006/07.

            But the Romulan War books, while the first one was okay, the second I felt was very rushed and it felt like 2 books crammed into 1, which led to a weak story that read more like an outline than an actual story, with the odd bit of "meat" thrown in.