Re: [Star Trek Books] ASSIGNMENT: ETERNITY by Greg Cox

  • Andrew Brown
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2013

      > I just finished reading ASSIGNMENT: ETERNITY by Greg Cox, and it is every
      > bit as good as everyone was telling me. In the original episode, I didn't
      > really care for the Roberta Lincoln character too much. But Greg Cox really
      > made me like her. He did a great job with the characters. It was a good
      > story that moved along really well and was very interesting. This one is a
      > keeper.
      > Linda W.

      I liked the 20th Century books of the Eugenics Wars books. Greg Cox
      performs a very cool weaving together of lots Trek history, and the sealing
      of plot holes from other Trek movies and episodes.

      As to Roberta Lincoln.. .she was supposed to appeal to the young women of
      the 1960s... as presented by a bunch of Old White Guys (tm). I think that
      pretty much sums it up. :D

      The final one on Ceti Alpha, 'To Reign in Hell', left me wanting. From that
      one I did like the expansion of what happened in STII:TWoK, the plot-hole
      filling, the inclusion of draft script information to create the focal
      point of the book, and the additional history, but somehow it still left me
      wanting. I think perhaps it was the patently manufactured peril facing Kirk
      in the here and now. Yeah, I think that spoiled the rest of it for me.

      Andy