Re: [Star Trek Books] *Spoilers* Star Trek Typhon Pact Plagues of Night

  • Trevor
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 13, 2012
      Well today I've been reading the last 15 chapters and they've been keeping me right on the edge of my seat, which has been driving me crazy at work, since I can only read on m lunch and breaks. But the current TNG cast do make some more appearances, but it's just been Picard, Worf and Chadhoury, no Crusher or Chen (the half -Vulcan/human).

      Trevor

      --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Brown <scottish.andy76@...> wrote:

      > > Right now I'm in the middle of reading "Star Trek Typhon Pact: Plagues of
      > > Night" by David R. George III.
      > > The first twelve chapters were basically recaps of the events that had
      > > occurred in the previous four Typhon Pact regular printings (no mention of
      > > anything dealing with "The Struggle Within") but then also filling in what
      > > happned immediately after.
      > > But this book, quite easily, could've been issued under the "Star Trek
      > > Deep Space Nine" banner since, so far, the only outside series characters
      > > to appear have been Nanietta Baco and some of the people from "Articles of
      > > The Federation/Singular Destiny".
      > > Trevor
      >

      > Thanks for the info., Trevor.
      >
      > Andy

    • Trevor
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 13, 2012
        Just finished the book. I'm glad that I per-ordered book two since David R. George built the story up to a very tight climax and then just left me hanging. Hopefully book two is as good as book one since this is going to be a tough one to follow.

        Trevor
        --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Brown <scottish.andy76@...> wrote:

        > > Right now I'm in the middle of reading "Star Trek Typhon Pact: Plagues of
        > > Night" by David R. George III.
        > > The first twelve chapters were basically recaps of the events that had
        > > occurred in the previous four Typhon Pact regular printings (no mention of
        > > anything dealing with "The Struggle Within") but then also filling in what
        > > happned immediately after.
        > > But this book, quite easily, could've been issued under the "Star Trek
        > > Deep Space Nine" banner since, so far, the only outside series characters
        > > to appear have been Nanietta Baco and some of the people from "Articles of
        > > The Federation/Singular Destiny".
        > > Trevor
        >

        > Thanks for the info., Trevor.
        >
        > Andy

      • David
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 16, 2012
          Trevor, I'm glad you enjoyed PLAGUES OF NIGHT. Sorry about the cliffhanger...well, not really. I was pretty much going for that. As you said, though, it made it tough to follow it up. I hope that RAISE THE DAWN satisfies you as much.

          Best,
          David
        • Trevor
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 28, 2012
            I just got Star Trek Typon Pact: Raise The Dawn yesterday, and I'm already up to page 82 (Chapter 4). So far I can tell that this is going to be another book that's going to be hard to put down; just with all the repercussions of the events of the first book it has been a great read thus far.

            Trevor

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 28, 2012
              I still have about 1/3 of DTI to go, then I think something else (about
              Spock, I forget the name!) and then I'm looking forward to starting on the
              Typhon pact set again -- probably from the beginning. I'm glad to hear the
              series is developing well!