Typhon pact series question

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13, 2012
      Are all the Typhon Pact books out or nearly so? or are there more planned
      that aren't listed as even "coming soon" on Amazon?

      I'm having trouble putting together the list in order -- and I don't want to
      start re-reading from #1 until "the end" of the saga is at least in sight --
      if this is going to be a series-with-an-end like Vanguard.

      If the books are going to develop into stand-alones with little *necessity*
      of reading (remembering) what-came-before that would be nice to know too.
      :-)
      bj
    • Trevor
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 13, 2012
        The Typhon Pact books are the continuation of the TNG & DS9 relaunch books, that started with "Avatar Parts 1&2" & "Death In Winter" and continue on past "Star Trek Destiny".

        The DS9 portions of the Typhon Pact take place about 5 years after "The Soul Key", and there have been a few hints of what has transpired on DS9 during those "missing years", but so far not a lot.

        Trevor.

        --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "bj" <bjones44@...> wrote:

        > Are all the Typhon Pact books out or nearly so? or are there more planned
        > that aren't listed as even "coming soon" on Amazon?
        >
        > I'm having trouble putting together the list in order -- and I don't want to
        > start re-reading from #1 until "the end" of the saga is at least in sight --
        > if this is going to be a series-with-an-end like Vanguard.
        >
        > If the books are going to develop into stand-alones with little *necessity*
        > of reading (remembering) what-came-before that would be nice to know too.
        > :-)
        > bj

      • David
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 16, 2012
          BJ, the TYPHON PACT novels aren't what I would consider a series—at least not in the sense that they tell a single, overall story, with a beginning, a middle, and an end. The designation is more or less being used as a brand in much the same way that THE NEXT GENERATION and DEEP SPACE NINE are. In these novels, you can be assured that some aspect of the six-member Pact bears on the story being told, but beyond that, it's up for grabs. In my own ROUGH BEASTS OF EMPIRE, my tale focused on Spock and Sisko (separately), as well as on the Romulan political situation and the machinations of the Tzenkethi. PLAGUES OF NIGHT and RAISE THE DAWN further involve the Romulans and other members of the TP, and also include both Spock and members of the TNG cast of characters, but they are fundamentally DSN books.

          I hope this helps.

          Best,
          David
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 18, 2012
            Yes, that all helps a great deal. I have a couple of other things on my list
            but thinking of (re-)starting on Typhon Pact. Nice to know there's a bunch
            of books but I also won't be caught trying to remember a story arc for a
            couple of years until it finishes up. :-)

            Thanks a bunch!
            bj
            p.s. how will I ever keep straight the political machinations of the ST
            universe & the circus going on in the USA?!? But at least in ST they don't
            talk about money & fund-raisers. :-)