Re: [Star Trek Books] Bookstore Chain in Maine Closing

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2012
      I used to buy DTBs at a local bookstore & at a not-that-close BigBookStore
      (with no parking convenient & only worth going to if I was in that area on
      foot/bus anyway, though for several years that was quite often....)

      Then the local one closed (owner retired, couldn't find a buyer) and I lost
      a convenient place to get things on special order.

      That BBS (& other similar in the 'burbs when I was there) never had what I
      wanted, and if I had to special-order (& extra treks there) I found it
      easier just to go Amazon.

      Now I do mostly read (books, anyway) on my iPad -- but it's only in the past
      year or so that I've shifted over.