Re: [Star Trek Books] Dark Mirror

  • Andrew Brown
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5 3:45 PM

      > I' currently re-reading "Dark Mirror", for the third or fourth time. This
      > book could easily be a part of the Myriad Universes line, even though the
      > regular TNG cast appear in the story.
      > It's too bad that Paramount or Simon And Schuster haven't made anymore
      > stories in this Mirror Universe, since I kind of prefer it over the one
      > that was done in DS9 and the other books.
      > Trevor

      I agree Trevor. I love this book, and in fan-fiction canon (or fanon), this
      universe is called the Imperial Universe, since the Mirror Universe was
      carried on in DS9.

      However, I do think it a bit of a conceit that the Terran Empire would be
      so all-consuming and powerful; that none could stand against Humans if they
      chose to be evil.

      Andy

    • Trevor
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7 6:16 PM
        Plus you can see how the three different Mirror Universe timelines diverged after "Mirror, Mirror". In the DS9 timeline, Spock assassinated Kirk and rose to Emperor/President. In the Shatner timeline, Spock didn't assassinate Kirk upon his return; in the "Dark Mirror" timeline Spock was transferred off the Enterprise and then assassinated 12 years later by possible Kirk.

        Trevor

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 8 8:36 AM
          Well, if I ever get interested in the mirror universe, I'll have plenty to
          go on with!

          It would also go along with the Alternate Reality stories, as a sort of
          Theme Reading list of "other" ST-unis.

          There'd be not just chronological reading to consider, but "which version of
          the 'verse" to divide the lists into.