The Laertian Gamble (DS9 #12)

  • Trevor
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2011
      I'm currently reading "The Laertian Gamble" by Robert Sheckley that was released in September 1995. From what I've read online, Sheckley passed away a few years so he's one of the few Trek authors who's no longer with us.

      I don't plan to read any other books by Robert Sheckley, but I must say that he sure wrote in a different style than most Trek authors. Every time that the point of view changes, you get a new chapter. So far Chapters 16 & 18 have been the shortest at only being half a page in length. Those are probably the 2 shortest chapters in all of Trek literature, from the James Blish era right upto present day.