Mirror Universe

  • menes@gothboy.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 8, 2011
      Chronological Mirror Universe: (I was bored)

      Having taken a break from Trek, I realized that Rise Like Lions is fast
      approaching and I thought I'd do the whole Mirror Universe thing (current
      continuity) in chronological order this time around. I read most of it as
      it came out and "Sorrows of Empire" was easily my favorite installment.
      Here's what I came up with. Any mistakes are (almost) completely my own.
      YMMV

      2063:
      01 Enterprise Episode: In a Mirror, Darkly, Part I (Teaser)

      2155:
      02 Enterprise Episode: In a Mirror, Darkly, Part I
      03 Enterprise Episode: In a Mirror, Darkly, Part II
      04 Glass Empires: Age of the Empress

      2156:
      05 Shards and Shadows: Nobunaga

      2248:
      06 Shards and Shadows: Ill Winds

      2264:
      07 Shards and Shadows: The Greater Good

      2267:
      08 TOS Episode: Mirror, Mirror
      09 The Sorrows of Empire [Pages 1-30]

      2268:
      10 The Sorrows of Empire [Pages 31-58]
      11 TOS Episode: The Tholian Web

      2269-2276:
      12 The Sorrows of Empire [Pages 59-162]

      2277-2295:
      13 Shards and Shadows: The Black Flag
      14 The Sorrows of Empire [Pages 163-449]

      2333:
      15 Shards and Shadows: Three

      2344:
      16 Shards and Shadows: The Traitor

      2353:
      17 Obsidian Alliances: Cutting Ties [Pages ??? - ???]

      2354:
      18 Obsidian Alliances: Cutting Ties [Pages ??? - ???]

      2358:
      19 Shards and Shadows: A Terrible Beauty [Pages 313-315]

      2361:
      20 Shards and Shadows: A Terrible Beauty [Pages 319-323]

      2365:
      21 Shards and Shadows: A Terrible Beauty [Pages 326-329]

      2369:
      22 Severn Deadly Sins: Lust: Freedom Angst

      2370:
      23 DS9 Episode: Crossover

      2371:
      24 DS9 Episode: Through the Looking Glass
      25 Glass Empires: The Worst of Both Worlds
      26 Shards and Shadows: The Sacred Chalice
      27 Obsidian Alliances: The Mirror-Scaled Serpent
      28 Shards and Shadows: Bitter Fruit

      2372:
      29 Shards and Shadows: A Terrible Beauty [Pages 335-340]
      30 DS9 Episode: Shattered Mirror
      31 Shards and Shadows: Family Matters

      2374:
      32 DS9 Episode: Resurrection

      2375:
      33 DS9 Episode: The Emperor's New Cloak
      34 Shards and Shadows: A Terrible Beauty [Pages 344-351]
      35 Obsidian Alliances: Cutting Ties [Pages ??? - ???]
      36 Obsidian Alliances: Saturn's Children

      2376:
      37 Shards and Shadows: A Terrible Beauty [Pages 316-318, 323-326,
      329-340-344, 352-358]
      38 Shards and Shadows: Homecoming
      39 New Frontier: Turnaround
      40 Shards and Shadows: Empathy
      41 Shards and Shadows: For Want of a Nail
      42 DS9: Fragments and Omens
      43 DS9: Olympus Descending

      2377:
      44 DS9: Warpath
      45 DS9: Fearful Symmetry
      46 DS9: The Soul Key

      2378:
      47 Rise Like Lions
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 8, 2011
        Thanks for the list -- it'll be a nice guide when/if I get into a MU "kick".
        I'm getting all the DVDs so I'll also be able to watch the shows along the
        way.
        It's also interesting to listen to relevant podcasts discussing these
        episodes.

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 10, 2011
          I find this petty helpful - thank you!

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 11, 2011
            Of course, "Dark Mirror" by Diane Duane is also an interesting read, which you can take as a Parallel Mirror Universe where the Terran Empire DID NOT fall, and it would be interesting to someday revisit that Mirror Universe.

            But then there's also Shatner's great Mirror Universe trilogy.

            Trevor

            --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, <menes@...> wrote:

            > Chronological Mirror Universe: (I was bored)
            >
            > Having taken a break from Trek, I realized that Rise Like Lions is fast
            > approaching and I thought I'd do the whole Mirror Universe thing (current
            > continuity) in chronological order this time around. I read most of it as
            > it came out and "Sorrows of Empire" was easily my favorite installment.
          • Linda Wrage
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 11, 2011
              I LOVED "Dark Mirror". That is one of my favorite Trek books. I just read that earlier this year.

              Linda W.

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 14, 2011
                Your welcome. I make lists of things when I'm bored...it amuses me.

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 14, 2011
                  I have read "Dark Mirror" and didn't like it. I loathed the Shatner Mirror
                  Trilogy. I thought Dark Passions was ok and actually prefer it's take on
                  the Voyager characters versus KRAD's current continuity take on them. But
                  since I made the list as a prep for "Rise Like Lions", I figured I'd just
                  stick to the installments that are part of that continuity. But feel free
                  to read all the other Mirror Universes.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 14, 2011
                    funny - I knit!

                    From: menes@... <menes@...>

                    To: startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com

                    Date: Thursday, September 8, 2011, 8:35 AM

                  • prim88@comcast.net
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 8, 2012
                      Of course in Shatner's deluded egotistical mind of course he would have assassinated Spock, He'd also live to 200, sporting wood and tapping everything in site. It sure is nice to get a more balanced view of the Mirrorverse.